User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really like our Sleep Number, which is basically a heavy duty air mattress. Got it on sale at Camping World at slightly less than what it would have cost directly from Sleep Number. Note that Sleep Number plugs into an AC outlet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have bought two Zinus 8-inch Plush mattresses from Amazon. Love both of them at a reasonable price.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My topper

Quote Originally Posted by OshawaDave View Post
    Not sure if they ship to US, but, for what its worth Endy makes a great matress. We have one at home and ordered one for the RV, two days after we ordered the RV. Very happy with it.

https://ca.endy.com/pages/endy-mattr...=Endy+Mattress
    As others have mentioned the factory mattress is very bad. We found a memory foam topper on Amazon called ISO Cool. A little pricey at $300 for a queen 3” topper. Factory mattress makes a good base for the memory foam topper and does not add more weight for the platform struts.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also changed to a hybrid bow mattress. They had them on sale at Costco. As for opening outside of camper, don't do it. I was by myself and bake dup to the door and put it in the camper end to end. Then the same thing to the bed room. Mabey not as good as the high dollar sleep number, but good. You can buy them 8 inch, 10 inch and 12 inch. we went with the middle of the road. Can't be happier

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markjamestx View Post
    We have bought two Zinus 8-inch Plush mattresses from Amazon. Love both of them at a reasonable price.
    Does this just sit right on the wood platform? It doesn't sit on top of the existing mattress that came with the trailer, correct?
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OshawaDave View Post
    Not sure if they ship to US, but, for what its worth Endy makes a great matress. We have one at home and ordered one for the RV, two days after we ordered the RV. Very happy with it.

https://ca.endy.com/pages/endy-mattr...=Endy+Mattress
    Do you think the Endy mattress will do ok in a unit that is stored for the winter in our harsh Canadian winters. I am looking to replace our factory mattress with one, and concerned about that.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    Does this just sit right on the wood platform? It doesn't sit on top of the existing mattress that came with the trailer, correct?
    They sit right on the wood platform... the factory mattress gets tossed or like I did, donated to a homeless shelter.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    Do you think the Endy mattress will do ok in a unit that is stored for the winter in our harsh Canadian winters. I am looking to replace our factory mattress with one, and concerned about that.
    I don't think leaving a mattress in a RV through the winter is any different than leaving one in a cottage. It is just sitting there. I left our Endy on the bed in the RV and don't expect any issues.
    Dave & Carol
    Eastern GTA, ON
    2022 Reflection 303RLS Fifth Wheel
    2017 GMC 2500 Crew Cab pick up (6.0 litre Gasser)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Costco mattress weight

Called up Costco and it is 72lb. so I am going to leave it alone. I took out some other heavy items from the tunnel and the bed of the pickup so should be a wash.
    The only problem is not all of my wife's bed linens fit this mattress. Who knew!
    2018 Ram 3500 with AS69RC Aisin transmission and Companion RVK3670 sliding hitch
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcschultz01 View Post
    Called up Costco and it is 72lb. so I am going to leave it alone. I took out some other heavy items from the tunnel and the bed of the pickup so should be a wash.
    The only problem is not all of my wife's bed linens fit this mattress. Who knew!
    Exactly the problem I had the last time we replaced the mattress at home (several years ago). All the sheets didn't fit on the new mattress. We went from a fairly thin mattress to an (obviously) fatter one. I had to make elastic straps to attach to each side of the sheets to hold them on. Then I got new sheets. But they're way too big for the mattress.....

So, when we got the 2 new mattresses for the RV and home this past year, we bought them at Big Lots. Found out the "new" sheets that were too big for the old mattress are a bit too small for the new ones. Anyway, Big Lots was having a "spend XX dollars and get a gift card for X" promotion. With 2 mattresses we got a gift card large enough to buy 4 new sets of sheets/pillowcases. That's 2 sets for the RV and 2 sets for home. And they actually fit the mattresses.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast