User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're looking at replacement queen mattresses for our 2930RL (standard queen size). Mattresses that we've looked at so far seem to be in the 70lb weight range. Does anyone have an idea of what the standard mattresses weigh that Grand Design supplies?
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    We're looking at replacement queen mattresses for our 2930RL (standard queen size). Mattresses that we've looked at so far seem to be in the 70lb weight range. Does anyone have an idea of what the standard mattresses weigh that Grand Design supplies?
    Not exactly, but I was surprised at how heavy it was. I bet it was 50 lbs...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What model RV do you have? We have a Reflection 2930 and was thinking 12” might be too thick.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    Good Morning,

We just replaced our standard GD mattress with a Dynasty 10” and love it. Our rig is a 2020 and came with a 5” mattress which is anemic at best. E we are very happy with the Dynasty we got from Amazon. Ours is a RV King, but they do have the RV Queen.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We added a 4" elastomeric bed topper and a good mattress pad, and our OEM bed sleeps just great.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original mattresses in the grand design reflection was a piece of garbage! Unable to sleep on it even one night! Took the mattress out of the bedroom and put it into the reflection, fit perfectly and an awesome sleep on a very good mattress! Tempur-pedic is the brand, and you cannot go wrong with the sleep, the feel of the mattress, and it has stood up for numerous years! Hope you have a good sleep! My wife could not make it through two hours of sleeping on the original grand design mattress in the reflection! Sweet dreams! Dennis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV Mattress

Quote Originally Posted by tcrawford719 View Post
    We need to replace the mattress in our 260RL. It is a standard queen. We'd love to know which mattress others have chosen when replacing. There are so many to choose from! Thank you in advance.
    My Solitude 310 came with a King bed (I would mod for a queen if I had to do it again). I immediately tossed the stock mattress out and bought a Montana Hybrid (soft) from WildernessRVmattress.com.
    Expensive but worth every penny!
    Hutch
    US Army Retired
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    2021 RAM 3500 Laramie 4x4 DRW 6.7L HO Cummins Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Choose any of them and it will be an improvement over the mattress that came with your trailer

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A high-quality 3" memory foam topper has worked well for us, and saved on weight. Both for the tow and lifting to reach beneath bed compartment,
    2021 Imagine 2970 RL
    Equalizer 2, 4-point hitch.
    2015 GMC Savana 2500 6.0 liter
    Locking rear differential. Bilstein shocks, heavy-duty trailering package, Tow/Haul mode.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    We replaced the original mattress in our fifth wheel the same time we replaced our mattress at home. Bought 2 of the same at Big Lots, Serta Perfect Sleeper. That way the bed feels the same at both home and on the road. This mattress was heavier than the original, so we replaced the struts under the bed, also. We replaced the 80 lb. hydraulic struts with 120 lb.
    Replaced RV mattress with a "Nectar" mattress that weighs 54 lbs. I watched a youtube video of a guy replacing the struts and he simply took a screwdriver and snapped them on and off. Using the existing bracket. Would you please share your experience? Was it actually this easy and where did you purchase. Thank you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234