User Tag List

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loading to equalize left/right weight

On the weight and balance paperwork, the port side with the refrig is about 600 lbs heavier than the starboard side. Guess I expected that. Just wondering what folks do to try an equalize weight (or if you even try) since most of the cabinetry and pantry is on the heavier side? Not many options opposite except to put stuff under the dinette table or in the storage bay on that side.
    Thanks,
    John & Robin
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I don't worry about it. You can't move enough stuff around to do any real changes in distribution. To me, it is what it is.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    On the weight and balance paperwork, the port side with the refrig is about 600 lbs heavier than the starboard side. Guess I expected that. Just wondering what folks do to try an equalize weight (or if you even try) since most of the cabinetry and pantry is on the heavier side? Not many options opposite except to put stuff under the dinette table or in the storage bay on that side.
    Thanks,
    John & Robin
    I have up trying to equalizer the weight. I am weight conscience, but there was no way I could get the left side of my 320MKS to come close to the right side.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't unusual. The street side of our 2016 Reflection 337 was about 700 lbs. heavier than the curb side (same floor plan as the Solitude 310GK). We have replaced the dinette chairs in our 310GK with storage ottomans since the pantry in the 310GK is half the size of that in the 337. The three benefits of this are 1) the extra storage space, 2) they're more comfortable to sit on than the dinette chairs, and 3) it unclutters that corner and provides an unobstructed view out of the windows.

We also keep the 12-packs of ginger ale and Fresca under the dinette table along with the bricks of soy milk to make yogurt. This winter, Laura insisted on getting an air purifier (like we need ONE more thing in the RV!), so that will bungee to the dinette table supports on the wall on travel days, too.

Rob

Oh/PS: my tools and the heavy stuff are on the curb side in the basement (and the batteries and W/D are on that side, too).
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We also keep the 12-packs of ginger ale and Fresca under the dinette table along with the bricks of soy milk to make yogurt. This winter, Laura insisted on getting an air purifier (like we need ONE more thing in the RV!), so that will bungee to the dinette table supports on the wall on travel days, too.

Rob

Oh/PS: my tools and the heavy stuff are on the curb side in the basement (and the batteries and W/D are on that side, too).
    Well, I drink bottled water even at home so will probably carry some as well as - yes - ginger ale. But if we get as far as Nampa, there is a great winery in Treasure Valley that makes a wonderful Huckleberry Riesling
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays