Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD told me they would hold 50 lbs.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, appreciate the info. Guess it would cost too much to use metal for additional heavy storage items. Even with the light weight it is still useful storage.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those plastic trays are real flimsy. Any weight at all tends to crack around the screws. Especially on the Nautilus side of the pass-thru where we usually pull out our hose/power line/misc parts container.

So, placing fender washers or a metal strip over the plastic tray edge and then screwing it back down is how you all kept the screw mounts from cracking? Hmmm.. might try that. Guess I will be getting the tin snips out and cut some small guage steel strips to reinforce the tray(s) edges.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Those plastic trays are real flimsy. Any weight at all tends to crack around the screws. Especially on the Nautilus side of the pass-thru where we usually pull out our hose/power line/misc parts container.

So, placing fender washers or a metal strip over the plastic tray edge and then screwing it back down is how you all kept the screw mounts from cracking? Hmmm.. might try that. Guess I will be getting the tin snips out and cut some small guage steel strips to reinforce the tray(s) edges.
    The strip around the perimeter would be a step up from the washers, but so far the washers have worked for me, but I keep the weight on the light side.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virgil1943 View Post
    The past through storage has on each side a trough about 9"x36"8". It does not appear to have any underneath support. We were wondering how much weight can be placed in these troughs. At the present time we have not found any information on the weight that can be placed in them. Would appreciate any information.

On my 337RLS there's only a plastic tray on one side. I cut a piece of 1/2" plywood for the bottom and covered it with some indoor/outdoor carpet. It stiffeners it up and keeps things from sliding around in the tray. It's usually loaded with small stuff and probably the most weight I've had there was 2 cases of bottled water at once. I did put a small chip in the top flange while sliding something out of the storage compartment... that will need to be fixed somehow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220113-045843_Photos.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	38480
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 01-13-2022 at 02:14 PM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 295RL, never really gave a thought as to how much they could hold. Great question and feedback! I'm going to look into beefing ours up.
    Thanks!!!
    Chris & Leslie

2015 F-150 FX4 Max Tow
    2019 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I measured and cut plywood to fit into the bottom of each compartment. Figured the plywood would act as a buffer to absorb and distribute the weight. Has worked well.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04260223-9A86-413C-828B-8FDC1F1DD180.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	39357Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B54C1DFF-DB23-42E7-B5B2-B6F2F13514D7.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	39358Click image for larger version. 

Name:	552542DD-B389-43EB-A7D3-05DE3C3DBDA5.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	39356
    I did this mod after seeing how flimsy they were...
    2019 F350 CCLB 6.7
    2020 Reflection 268BH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an ‘18 reflection. It is new to me essentially in APril of 2021. To my dismay, I discovered that most of the screws holding the passenger side tray had pulled through.
    What I did was put a fender washer under the existing screws and, in addition, added 4 supports made from 3” shelf brackets with more screws. The screws go through the outside sill with the bracket supporting under the gray.
    I also discovered that pretty much all the brackets that keep the outside skirts in place had either broken or the screw into the frame had broken. I thought I had fixed them all until last week a strong wind was causing the one near the rear on the passenger side to bang. Guess that is next after the attic vent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12