User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie Question - 2" hose for fresh water drain

I store my trailer in a covered area but will need to take it to my house to flush the freshwater tank before trips. Instead of dumping antifreeze down the street when de-winterizing and/or dumping a bunch of water down the curb when santizing/flushing for freshwater, is there a hose that connects to the freshwater drain so I can divert to my property instead of the street. Neighbors can be picky.

I tried searching for 2" fresh water drain hose but only found for smaller fittings not found on GD trailers.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: OK, I know you don't put antifreeze in the freshwater tank.
    Last edited by jdroller; 01-08-2022 at 08:45 PM.

2022 F350 Lariat Tremor (on order)
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not aware of a "fresh water drain hose." The outlet is smooth 2" PVC and there would be no way to attach a hose of any kind unless you glued some type of PVC fitting and/or step-down adapter to the outlet. Stepping it down to something smaller would dramatically increase the drain time, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdroller View Post
    I store my trailer in a covered area but will need to take it to my house to flush the freshwater tank before trips. Instead of dumping antifreeze down the street when de-winterizing and/or dumping a bunch of water down the curb when santizing/flushing for freshwater, is there a hose that connects to the freshwater drain so I can divert to my property instead of the street. Neighbors can be picky.

I tried searching for 2" fresh water drain hose but only found for smaller fittings not found on GD trailers.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: OK, I know you don't put antifreeze in the freshwater tank.
    You could put a 2" to 3" PVC adapter on the output pipe then attach a RV sewer adapter to it. Using some RV sewer hose (preferably new and only used for this purpose) you would be able to route the fresh water drain to your desired location. Good way to water your lawn!
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your antifreeze would go into you gray and black tanks. So you can leave it there until you hit a sani station or hookup site. You could empty them in a bucket and flush down your toilet at home or hookup to your septic system if you have one. It wouldnt be that much. As for the fresh, if you don't want to dump in your driveway, one could use a bucket, or one of those sani buggies, or you could use the exterior hose along with your fresh water pump.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I adapted the fresh outlet to a garden hose male, 3/4" IIRC. It's kind slow but convenient. Hose runs to a tree in corner of my backyard.
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 01-10-2022 at 07:38 AM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neighbors would be picky about sanitizing the fresh tank? I could see the pink antifreeze getting the stinkeye from uniformed, but water with a very low concentration of bleach isn't going to harm things. Oh well, you can easily adapt to the drain. Easiest would be to use sump pump hose and threaded to barb adapter. They on the mouth of the valve, you will need the slip to threaded adapter.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From another GD owner, I got the idea of putting a 2" rubber connection with a hose clamp. I then fitted a 2" PVC to 3/4" threaded connection so i can connect my garden hose. It will be slower but may keep the neighbors from complaining. I can then run the hose back onto my property and to the backyard.

Thanks for everyone's input.

2022 F350 Lariat Tremor (on order)
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Your antifreeze would go into you gray and black tanks. So you can leave it there until you hit a sani station or hookup site. You could empty them in a bucket and flush down your toilet at home or hookup to your septic system if you have one. It wouldnt be that much. As for the fresh, if you don't want to dump in your driveway, one could use a bucket, or one of those sani buggies, or you could use the exterior hose along with your fresh water pump.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

This is the answer. You don't need to "dewinterize", it is done by simply flushing the lines until you have water and letting it collect in your grey and black tanks until you flush at the end of your first trip. Don't make it harder than it needs to be.
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    Factory Solar, Factory Disk Brakes, Heat Pump

2017 Reflection 29RS (Sold)