User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refrigerator not working

This is my first post and it may be a bit long, sorry for that.

I have had my 2022 Xplor 221RB since July and it has been out and flawless 9 times. On Friday I started getting everything prepped ton go out next weekend and found my refrigerator (Furrion 12v) not working. It has power as the light is on so its not the fuse. I also noticed the light at the shore power outlet was very dim or off.

troubleshooting as follows:
    Surge protector/line tester said good, clean power. Checked power cord and it checked good. Got another one anyways, no change.
    Shut off all breakers and reset, no change.
    Checked all accessible wiring and fuses, except for behind the fridge. No damage and all connections tight and clean.
    Input voltage at the breaker bus is 124v. Voltage on the 12v side steady at 13.7v with main breaker on and 12.8 with main breaker off.
    Last, I opened all access points and removed all drawers. No signs of rodents being inside and causing damage.

At this point I am out of ideas and really do not want to cancel trips waiting for a warranty repair if I can fix it myself.

thanks for any help
    Jimmy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy, take a look at the youtube below. Bad news is you need to remove the fridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP3VCLh6siM

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXkmpr View Post
    Jimmy, take a look at the youtube below. Bad news is you need to remove the fridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP3VCLh6siM
    Ive seen this video. I dont believe it could be the fuse because we still have lights in the fridge. That fuse also doesnt explain the dim LED at the shore power plug.

update. As of about 2 hours ago, and just verified 5 minutes ago, the refrigerator is now working. We still have the dim LED at the shore power plug though.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy79 View Post
    We still have the dim LED at the shore power plug though.
    Do you have a meter? Can you check the plug and see what voltage you are getting?

Great the fridge is working again though!
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Do you have a meter? Can you check the plug and see what voltage you are getting?

Great the fridge is working again though!
    124v on the plug and at the breaker bus on the panel.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How cold is it? Maybe it doesn't need to run.

There should be a rotating knob inside also that adjusts temp or turns it off.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its been left open and nothing is cold.

update:
    LED indicator is off again and refrigerator is also dead again. Im getting ahold of my dealer today and hoping I can get it in to them. Unless they will authorize a mobile tech, I will be canceling my trip for this weekend.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that sux. Seems like a bad connection somewhere if it randomly works or doesn't work. I'm not familiar with 12v fridges, but if you have an access panel to get at the brains of the fridge, maybe try removing and re-installing any connectors to try and ensure good connection?
    I have also heard of a 'not very waterproof' box on the frame of GD trailers where the connections were corroded/rusty causing electrical gremlins. Maybe there is a connection box like that on the frame of your trailer near the front. Take a look. Maybe save a trip to the dealer.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked the junction box already and its it good shape. Im convinced its something buried behind walls or fridge at this point and will be getting a pro to fix it from here.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope this gets some more views so I dont have to start a new thread.

Does anyone know where to get a basic wiring diagram for a 221RB? Ive found nothing online or in searches here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast