User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjlebsa View Post
    I have the V-clips & MORryde C-factors. An independent RV shop welded them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, of course, they can be made to work together. However, V-clips from the factory do not allow bolt-on installation of the X-factors with the most common spring hangers found on the frames used by GD and other makers from Lippert.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Hey Sabredriver, the one you will want is the GH-8045AL....(AL is for Auto Latch if you want)....$1377.99 (unless they had price increase).....this one is for the 303 w/tongue weight 1.5k-3.5k.
    You will love it.

Ps......I got the AL.....it's awesome.
    Ask if you have questions.
    Ray
    Awesome, thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj2800 View Post
    Doesn’t that void your warranty?
    It’s my understanding that the goosebox is the only approved gooseneck hitch.
    They will use terms like "certified", "approved", etc to confuse you and they have a financial interest in pushing you towards the goosebox. The law is clear that they cannot claim that the Gen-Y will void the warranty - they have to prove it was the cause of any failure. If they make a claim it will actually void the warranty, then ask them to put it in writing.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    They will use terms like "certified", "approved", etc to confuse you and they have a financial interest in pushing you towards the goosebox. The law is clear that they cannot claim that the Gen-Y will void the warranty - they have to prove it was the cause of any failure. If they make a claim it will actually void the warranty, then ask them to put it in writing.
    You may wish to review Lippert's written warranty complying with Magnuson–Moss. The simple parallel, and not to be argumentative but demonstrative, is do you believe your pickup frame warranty would remain intact if you chop and stretch the frame, outside an authorized upfitter? If you do, you may wish to revisit the written warranty from the manufacturer.

I'm not a lawyer, but I am the last and final decision maker for warranty claims for a global product manufacturer. The Magnuson-Moss act was very powerful and consumer-oriented and cut deceptive practices and ousted "weasel wording." However, it is not the security blanket so many modifiers believe it is because of overlooking how it has evolved warranty form and language.

Lippert has plain language regarding this, and complies with the Act.

Do not get me wrong, I think the Gen-Y is beautiful engineering, though as an engineer I also recognize its shortcoming because the design could not infringe on the Goosebox patent (has its own shortcoming in a different respect). I also think the feud over fundamentally a matter of principal and protecting interests funny, but I could not tell you with a straight face that it's not part of my job to protect the product portfolio I manage in a similar way.

My point, no one should rely on legal interpretations and discussions on the internet if unable to find confidence in his or her own interpretation. Given the overall dollar investment of coach and a GenY, paying one's lawyer an hour for review is a small dollar expense if a primary concern and decider is preserving manufacturer warranty.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve had mine for over a year all over the PNW and Utah and AZ and love it!
    And yeah these things are beasts and so stout! I’m not concerned with it in any way and am fully aware it’s not “approved” my lippert. We’re all gonna have way more issues before we have to worry about frame issues from a hitch.

Have you seen the cheap 20lb factory fifth wheel hitches? If that thing is approved then that just makes me feel that much better about the Gen-Y haha

Congrats on your upgrade!
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to you also firstascent, I am confident in my research and by no means think that Gen-Y, GD or Lippert or tell me anything false.
    I too know that the Gen-Y is probably the last piece of the puzzle that would fall apart. The ride is so smooth and greatly enjoy it.
    Have fun in the 2022 year, we have many trips (as long as money holds up), this year.
    Be safe.
    Ray

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    You may wish to review Lippert's written warranty complying with Magnuson–Moss. The simple parallel, and not to be argumentative but demonstrative, is do you believe your pickup frame warranty would remain intact if you chop and stretch the frame, outside an authorized upfitter? If you do, you may wish to revisit the written warranty from the manufacturer.

I'm not a lawyer, but I am the last and final decision maker for warranty claims for a global product manufacturer. The Magnuson-Moss act was very powerful and consumer-oriented and cut deceptive practices and ousted "weasel wording." However, it is not the security blanket so many modifiers believe it is because of overlooking how it has evolved warranty form and language.

Lippert has plain language regarding this, and complies with the Act.

Do not get me wrong, I think the Gen-Y is beautiful engineering, though as an engineer I also recognize its shortcoming because the design could not infringe on the Goosebox patent (has its own shortcoming in a different respect). I also think the feud over fundamentally a matter of principal and protecting interests funny, but I could not tell you with a straight face that it's not part of my job to protect the product portfolio I manage in a similar way.

My point, no one should rely on legal interpretations and discussions on the internet if unable to find confidence in his or her own interpretation. Given the overall dollar investment of coach and a GenY, paying one's lawyer an hour for review is a small dollar expense if a primary concern and decider is preserving manufacturer warranty.
    Sounds like we are in a similar industry... but on the other side of the coin. Everyone should indeed read LCI's 1YR warranty (and all components for that matter). For me, it reads like most OE warranties and you will be in a fight regardless of what pinbox is attached (even if it is "approved"). I have seen where LCI has had to privately walk back a few of their blanket claims of voiding warranty though (specifically with the AUH - letters were posted here some time ago). It is a slippery slope for sure, but to your point most will not want to spend the money trying to fight a denied claim. If someone is worried, then simply wait the year and knock yourself out.

FWIW - Not sure I buy that replacement of a bolted on part which is designed to be removed/replaced/upgraded... with an example of cutting and extending a frame is a parallel. But the later does defy common sense in a warranty claim and I'm sure you see it all.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    It's about 135lbs
    Thanks for your service MSGT. I was Army first 6 years, 68Bravo...crewed a Huey.....got smart, jumped to AF, crewed a fighter.
    24 years.

Thank you for your service, I wanted to go AF but I wasn't smart enough, lol. I did twenty-eight years in the Army and love it while I was in but after a while I didn't feel like playing anymore.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Thank you for your service, I wanted to go AF but I wasn't smart enough, lol. I did twenty-eight years in the Army and love it while I was in but after a while I didn't feel like playing anymore.
    Thanks Msgt for your service also. I was 6 years Army, Leonardwood, Eustis and most of my time at Benning, 68B and transitioned to crewchief. I went in in 75, 6 years, then AF.....tired of sleeping in my Huey. Changed to fighter crewchief eating great AF chow.....another 18 years.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you are right whenever I got a chance to go to any AF and go to the mess hall, I know, I know, they had some good chow. I went in 1972 some of the people that went in at that time they went to Vietnam, but I miss out. I have done a few jobs when I was in the Army, one thing I did was a Food Service MSG. I used to like to go to the AF chow hall they had some good food, every once an a while I have gone to an Army base and have eating at the chow hall, they had great food but not all.
    Last edited by Spartacus; 01-23-2022 at 08:26 PM.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123