User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question Anyone using the Gen-Y 5th Wheel Pin Box Replacement with Gooseneck Coupler?

They supposedly have one to replace the Turning Point pin box Part # GH-8047AL. I have a request into them for information and dimensions. https://genyhitch.com/product/execut...latch-coupler/

They do not list this model on thier web page yet. Coast appears to be the same as a new B&W - well close. The only down side is backing into it, but with the bed camera on the new truck I should be OK

So is anyone using one of these yet and if so how do you like it?

Thanks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can give you some feedback on the Gen Y 5th wheel pin box, I ordered the GH - 8050 Executive Torsion Flex, Fifth Wheel King Pin 4.5K direct from Gen Y. I'll start by saying, pricey, yes, worth it, absolutely.

I previously was using a 2018 RAM 3500 Mega Cab short bed, 6.7 Cummins DRW as my Tow Vehicle, I ordered the replacement vehicle a 2022 Ford F 350 Super Duty Lariat, 8 ft. bed DRW Power Stroke, 4 x 4 3.55 Differential with 10 speed Auto Trans. Our 2019 Grand Design Solitude 372WB-R with the standard Pin Box (Lippert ) was far too close in clearance (bed rail to underside of camper, less than 3". Knew that was going to be an issue. Did a tremendous amount of research, and settled on the Gen-Y. Got it installed with assistance of grand son and his dad and front end loader on the Kubota. Properly torqued to specs, just finished our first trip 700 miles total to OK.
    The difference was night and day, I cannot say enough about the TV - Ford is so much more quite over the RAM, ride there is no comparison. The Gen Y hitch is a beast, solid as a rock, with the combination of the two, no chucking, no bounce at all. Total impression was great, and the fuel rate with the hills and traveling at 65 mph on the interstate was 10.2 mpg.

Overall very pleased
    Greg & Twyla Gossler
    2019 GD Solitude 372WB - Gen Y GH 8040 Pin Box
    2022 Ford F 350 Lariat CC - DRW - PowerStroke - 8' Bed 4 x 4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Gen-Y has excellent customer service, They sent me the following drawings of the Turning point replacement box. Unfortunately when I add up the dimensions I am will not have anything close to the 7" of bead clearance I want - its closer to 5"Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NEW TURNING POINT PRINTS - 8921.pdf 
Views:	32 
Size:	491.9 KB 
ID:	38715
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Thanks
    Gen-Y has excellent customer service, They sent me the following drawings of the Turning point replacement box. Unfortunately when I add up the dimensions I am will not have anything close to the 7" of bead clearance I want - its closer to 5"Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NEW TURNING POINT PRINTS - 8921.pdf 
Views:	32 
Size:	491.9 KB 
ID:	38715
    Did you consider using the B&W ball that adds a few inches of hight? I'm looking at changing over to a ball hitch too. So I'm exploring both Gen-Y and Reese Goosebox. So far I am leaning towards the Reese; primarily because it seems it will keep the rig further back from the truck but also for its adjustability.

See next post about the truck to camper clearance question.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggossler View Post
    Can give you some feedback on the Gen Y 5th wheel pin box, I ordered the GH - 8050 Executive Torsion Flex, Fifth Wheel King Pin 4.5K direct from Gen Y. I'll start by saying, pricey, yes, worth it, absolutely.

I previously was using a 2018 RAM 3500 Mega Cab short bed, 6.7 Cummins DRW as my Tow Vehicle, I ordered the replacement vehicle a 2022 Ford F 350 Super Duty Lariat, 8 ft. bed DRW Power Stroke, 4 x 4 3.55 Differential with 10 speed Auto Trans. Our 2019 Grand Design Solitude 372WB-R with the standard Pin Box (Lippert ) was far too close in clearance (bed rail to underside of camper, less than 3". Knew that was going to be an issue. Did a tremendous amount of research, and settled on the Gen-Y. Got it installed with assistance of grand son and his dad and front end loader on the Kubota. Properly torqued to specs, just finished our first trip 700 miles total to OK.
    The difference was night and day, I cannot say enough about the TV - Ford is so much more quite over the RAM, ride there is no comparison. The Gen Y hitch is a beast, solid as a rock, with the combination of the two, no chucking, no bounce at all. Total impression was great, and the fuel rate with the hills and traveling at 65 mph on the interstate was 10.2 mpg.

Overall very pleased
    Did you find that with the Gen-Y that the camper rode closer to the rear of the truck than with the standard pin box?

I'm considering both the Gen-Y and the Reese Goosebox. According to the dimensions I got on-line the Reese Goosebox is a good 5" longer from the center of where the ball hitches to the rear of the hitch. I don't want my camper any closer to the truck than it is now as with current set up (Demco auto slider & MorRyde pin) I don't have a bunch of clearance to the camper when the tailgate is down for hitching up.

Thanks.
    Larry KE4DMG

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Did you find that with the Gen-Y that the camper rode closer to the rear of the truck than with the standard pin box?

I'm considering both the Gen-Y and the Reese Goosebox. According to the dimensions I got on-line the Reese Goosebox is a good 5" longer from the center of where the ball hitches to the rear of the hitch. I don't want my camper any closer to the truck than it is now as with current set up (Demco auto slider & MorRyde pin) I don't have a bunch of clearance to the camper when the tailgate is down for hitching up.

Thanks.
    Larry his is the pin box replacement, not a goose neck one. It just a cushioned pin box. Unfortunately Reese does not make a goose box to fit the turning point hitch mount - at lease so far.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Larry his is the pin box replacement, not a goose neck one. It just a cushioned pin box. Unfortunately Reese does not make a goose box to fit the turning point hitch mount - at lease so far.
    ah - thanks. I should have looked up the model number of the hitch.
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No closer, with tailgate down when loading, distance from edge of tailgate to camper Cellar door is sam.
    Greg & Twyla Gossler
    2019 GD Solitude 372WB - Gen Y GH 8040 Pin Box
    2022 Ford F 350 Lariat CC - DRW - PowerStroke - 8' Bed 4 x 4