Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choosing RAM 3500 config

Hi Folks,

I am trying to figure out the difference between RAM 3500 Laramie with some updates and Limited trims.

It looks like the Limited has different seats, but I can't find any resources, and nobody here in BC has Limited to check.

Does anybody have a Limited? Does it worth it?

So I plan to get the following config:

3500 Laramie
    4x4 8' Crew cab
    HO Cummins with Aisin
    3.73 rear axle ratio
    2 x 220 Amp alternators
    41.6-gallon fuel tank
    Adaptive steering system
    Rear auto-levelling air suspension
    5th Wheel & Gooseneck Towing Prep Group
    Trailer tire pressure monitoring system
    Tri-fold tonneau cover
    Power deployable running boards
    Leather-faced front vented front bucket seats (it is the main point - are "Limited" seats any better?)
    Dual rear wheels
    Laramie Level D Equipment Group

Any critics/advice are more than welcome

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter&Irina View Post
    Hi Folks,

I am trying to figure out the difference between RAM 3500 Laramie with some updates and Limited trims.

It looks like the Limited has different seats, but I can't find any resources, and nobody here in BC has Limited to check.

Does anybody have a Limited? Does it worth it?

So I plan to get the following config:

3500 Laramie
    4x4 8' Crew cab
    HO Cummins with Aisin
    3.73 rear axle ratio
    2 x 220 Amp alternators
    41.6-gallon fuel tank
    Adaptive steering system
    Rear auto-levelling air suspension
    5th Wheel & Gooseneck Towing Prep Group
    Trailer tire pressure monitoring system
    Tri-fold tonneau cover
    Power deployable running boards
    Leather-faced front vented front bucket seats (it is the main point - are "Limited" seats any better?)
    Dual rear wheels
    Laramie Level D Equipment Group

Any critics/advice are more than welcome

I don't have the Limited but I just bought the Laramie Night Edition with leather, I have the bucket seat instead of the bench seat and the leather is the same in both.

I have the 50 gals fuel tank in mines unless I'm missing something with the 41.6-gals fuel tank but the 50 gals only come in the CCLB.

I do have the 3.73 gears but I don't have the H.O. with the Aisin which for me this suit me find, my didn't come with the 5th wheel prep so I had install the B&W Turnover Gooseneck hitch, I have the Power Deployable running board and I love it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20211215_151610.jpg   20211215_154656.jpg   DSCN3970.jpg   DSCN3982.jpg   DSCN4002.jpg  

2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3989.jpg   DSCN3990.jpg   DSCN3981.jpg  
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I miss it but I see that you are wanting a dually, which have the same trim but just an extra set of wheels.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not too familiar with the Ram options since I've had Fords for awhile. I'd reccomend getting the option that has the camera which shows inside the bed, makes it much easier hooking up a 5th wheel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remember that the more "stuff" you add on to the truck, the less carrying capacity it will have.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are towing heavy, or a lot of mountains, you may want to consider the 4.10 rear, which is only available on the dually (like you want). Adaptive steering is a hit and miss on ordering right now from what I have read. I thought on the long bed, the big fuel tank was 50 gallon option. The 12" radio system, although they have put a bigger CPU and memory in the latest version, is still buggy.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can equip the Laramie to be nearly identical to the Limited. The major differences are the front grille, the style/color of plastic trim and headliner on the interior and the guages have slightly different color scheme. Otherwise you can equip them to be very similar. I like the looks of the Limited grille but I'm at a phase in life where having the front bench in the Laramie works better than the bucket seats. But that's just me. And based on a quick configuration check it basically cost $5k more to build the Limited vs the Laramie. For me the Laramie is the sweetspot in the model lineup.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Not too familiar with the Ram options since I've had Fords for awhile. I'd reccomend getting the option that has the camera which shows inside the bed, makes it much easier hooking up a 5th wheel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    In my 2020 Laramie, that came with the Towing Technology Group. I priced out a Laramie Level 2 and a Limited with the same options that I currently have on ramtrucks (both duallys just to see the difference). $83K for the Laramie $90K for the Limited. To be honest, most of the options I wanted were adds to both the Laramie and the Limited. The Limited only has 5 seats but you can get 6 seat front bench with Laramie. 20 inch wheels on Limited vs. 18 on Laramie. HD radio, NAV, Cooled front seats, Heated rear seats, seat memory, cross traffic alert, blind spot monitor are standard on Limited and optional on Laramie.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonl78 View Post
    For me the Laramie is the sweetspot in the model lineup.
    Same here. 1999 Laramie 1500, 2001 Laramie 2500 Cummins, and now '20 3500 HO Aisin and I'm completely happy with the shifting so far - not harsh at all.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast