User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Well, very disappointing. The two locations in NH on Titan's web site - phone number wrong on one (and when I called them, they said they never heard of Titan tanks) and disconnected on the second one.....
    Buy it yourself, and any reputable auto shop should have no problem installing it.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    Buy it yourself, and any reputable auto shop should have no problem installing it.
    Still looking for a reputable shop up here......and been here over 30 years
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some good comments from many on this thread. Tagging on to them, I am curious about something when it comes to the RAM 3500 with a MegaCab. I currently tow with a 3/4 ton GMC. I am not over weights/specs, but we are likely going to be doing more long haul miles and I am considering the RAM 3500 with HO Cummins, Aison trans etc. The idea of a Mega cab sounds great for my daughter, and dogs in the back, but wonder how does that reflect on the clearance for the trailer to the cab. I run a Goosebox for my coupler, and am curious if I will be ok with the bed length of 6.5 feet... The key is to know the distance from the center ball connection to the cab to compare that to my SB GMC I have now. Does anybody have that info or access to measure that by chance? I would have gotten a LB, however the interior space sounds great (I have bought nothing yet).
    Looking for comments, good or bad regarding MC versus CC please on the 3500 dually. I think this goes along with the spirit of this thread
    Thanks in advance.
    Jason
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msutoad View Post
    Some good comments from many on this thread. Tagging on to them, I am curious about something when it comes to the RAM 3500 with a MegaCab. I currently tow with a 3/4 ton GMC. I am not over weights/specs, but we are likely going to be doing more long haul miles and I am considering the RAM 3500 with HO Cummins, Aison trans etc. The idea of a Mega cab sounds great for my daughter, and dogs in the back, but wonder how does that reflect on the clearance for the trailer to the cab. I run a Goosebox for my coupler, and am curious if I will be ok with the bed length of 6.5 feet... The key is to know the distance from the center ball connection to the cab to compare that to my SB GMC I have now. Does anybody have that info or access to measure that by chance? I would have gotten a LB, however the interior space sounds great (I have bought nothing yet).
    Looking for comments, good or bad regarding MC versus CC please on the 3500 dually. I think this goes along with the spirit of this thread
    Thanks in advance.
    Jason
    With the MC its only in the short bed and not much space for anything else if you have a 5th wheel hitch. Can't advise on measurements. We have a CC the back seat is spacious. We have had big size adults ride in the back seat and they said it was comfortable with enough room. On one trip our Son at 6'1", D-I-L and grandchild in a car seat had plenty of room. With the CC you can get the LB then you can add an aux fuel tank in the front and still have room for the hitch for a 5er. We also have our generator in the bed, an aux 20# propane tank and extra diesel can.
    Now i suppose if you had a couple of Great Danes in the back seat it might get crowded.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent YT video comparison of the 2020 differences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGltb-l9cVw
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    With the MC its only in the short bed and not much space for anything else if you have a 5th wheel hitch. Can't advise on measurements. We have a CC the back seat is spacious. We have had big size adults ride in the back seat and they said it was comfortable with enough room. On one trip our Son at 6'1", D-I-L and grandchild in a car seat had plenty of room. With the CC you can get the LB then you can add an aux fuel tank in the front and still have room for the hitch for a 5er. We also have our generator in the bed, an aux 20# propane tank and extra diesel can.
    Now i suppose if you had a couple of Great Danes in the back seat it might get crowded.
    Thanks for that info. I liked the idea of more space inside, but it is a showstopper for a 5er or my horse gooseneck trailer. CC is the ticket for the cab, and I can do either a short bed or long, but the MC is just not going to work. Thanks for the info.
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msutoad View Post
    Thanks for that info. I liked the idea of more space inside, but it is a showstopper for a 5er or my horse gooseneck trailer. CC is the ticket for the cab, and I can do either a short bed or long, but the MC is just not going to work. Thanks for the info.
    There are a few things here at play that could sway you one way or the other. Ultimately you need to ask yourself what is the main goal for the truck and know that it's mostly personal preference. Are you thinking new truck solely for towing your trailers or do you use the truck for non-towing as well? IF you want it just for towing then maybe a CC LB is your choice. If you tow occasionally and use the truck to haul people around then maybe the MC SB is your choice.

Crew cabs are indeed very spacious and offer plenty of room. The Mega Cab gives you an extra 11" behind the seats for more storage capacity. It gives you the ability to store bags or extra tools behind the seat and keep them in a dry space. The rear seats also recline for added comfort. I am not sure if they added that feature to the new HD CCs. I know the 1500s have a rear recline seat. I also like that with MC trucks, the rear seat is a full depth bench. On CC models, the middle seat base is shallower to allow for cupholders at the floor. When hauling multiple kids and animals, I have come to appreciate that full bench.

On the towing side I guess I'm not really sure that you would rule out a MC for towing. Are there limitations? Absolutely. But there are limitations for nearly all configurations. I see you currently have a Momentum 381M with a Goosebox. That is a 101" trailer vs a typical 96" trailer so I can see where clearance could be an issue. I have a MC but tow a Reflection (96" wide) using an Andersen Ultimate hitch and I get the clearance I need when I turn. Nearly a full 90. I'm not saying I would never have to worry about clearance, just that the setup works for me. Having a wider trailer and a Goosebox possibly means you would want to look at an offset ball. Admittedly I am not familiar enough with the OEM puck system for Ram and compatible offset ball options. Also the Gooseneck/Fifthwheel prep kit is an option from the factory. You don't have to get the factory puck system. You could get something like a B&W turnover ball installed instead.

I have been happy with my choice of MC over CC and haven't seen issues when towing. I use it more for non-towing and appreciate the interior capacity. I have towed my Reflection using the Andersen Ultimate and I have towed my parents Cruiser Aire using a regular non-sliding hitch without issue. My father has towed many, many miles with his MC shortbed dually. Many different brands of fifthwheels and all kinds of gooseneck stock trailers and flatbed trailers. They all worked very well together.

I just wanted to provide a bit of insight as to why you may consider a MC over a CC. In the end it comes down to your personal preference and what you hope to achieve with the truck. Good luck with your future truck endeavors. Many happy towing miles ahead!
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345