User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New mattress or mattress topper?

We just recently purchased a 2022 Grand Design imagine 2970RL. We took it out for our first “shakedown“ trip and our backs killed us for a week afterward! Do most of you just bite the bullet and get a new queen mattress? Or do you try getting a mattress topper to see if that will help? Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Druzicka View Post
    We just recently purchased a 2022 Grand Design imagine 2970RL. We took it out for our first “shakedown“ trip and our backs killed us for a week afterward! Do most of you just bite the bullet and get a new queen mattress? Or do you try getting a mattress topper to see if that will help? Any recommendations would be appreciated!
    Either option has been used. Depends on what YOU want to do.

We lived with the original mattress for 2 years, then we bought a new mattress. Well, we had to replace the mattress at home, so we just went ahead and bought 2, one for home, one for RV. That way the bed is the same when we travel.

Others find just using a topper works for them.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never had any real success with toppers. We just went with one of those foam mattress that comes in a box. I think we ordered Zinus 8" from Amazon. Similar to Casper. Best mod we did.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the search function-upper right-& you can read about this for days. We replaced ours. Wife liked the stock one, but felt like a slab of granite to me.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I never had any real success with toppers. We just went with one of those foam mattress that comes in a box. I think we ordered Zinus 8" from Amazon. Similar to Casper. Best mod we did.

How long have you been using the Zinus? We're in the market for a new mattress. We've been using the stock Serta for less than a year and the entire middle is compressed like a bird nest. Wondered if your Zinus seems to be holding up? We've checked out other suggested mattresses too, but my lord are they expensive!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have tried toppers in previous trailers and motorhomes but those never seemed to work out for us. We kept trying as people recommended a new great version, but in the end we ended up wasting that money and had to buy new mattresses anyway. My suggestion is to just go for a new mattress...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    How long have you been using the Zinus? We're in the market for a new mattress. We've been using the stock Serta for less than a year and the entire middle is compressed like a bird nest. Wondered if your Zinus seems to be holding up? We've checked out other suggested mattresses too, but my lord are they expensive!
    We got it last spring and used it for 1 season. We recently got Douglas (similar type) and as much as I like the Zinus, I think I prefer the Douglas a little more. I've read great reviews on the Endy and had a hard time deciding between the 2. The Zinus is less expensive and it has different thickness to choose from.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    We got it last spring and used it for 1 season. We recently got Douglas (similar type) and as much as I like the Zinus, I think I prefer the Douglas a little more. I've read great reviews on the Endy and had a hard time deciding between the 2. The Zinus is less expensive and it has different thickness to choose from.

Thanks. Will have to check out the Douglas and Endy too. We have never had the foam type mattresses (except this one that came with the trailer). Any that we have purchased in the past were just the typical residential spring mattresses and they worked well but can be fairly heavy. But foam seems to be the norm these days. I just can't believe how much some of them cost. When we get home next month we will go to our local furniture store and see what they have to offer these days too.
    Chad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all- so to follow up- we decided to replace the mattress. Got one like ours at home. Thanks for all the feedback. Appreciate this community!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all- so to follow up- we decided to replace the mattress. Got one like ours at home. Thanks for all the feedback. Appreciate this community!
    Would you mind sharing what mattress you ended up with? Is it foam or traditional spring mattress? What brand? How does the weight compare to the stock mattress that came with the RV? Thanks!
    Chad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast