User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnoyes View Post
    Great feedback from everyone! So here’s my plan.
    1. Install the Multiplus II inverter/charger and a couple of SOK 206Ah batteries. Monitor our actual power usage this summer, then
    2. Since I already carry the Milwaukee leaf blower and a broom, go with some amount of solar up top and/or add more batteries as necessary. Phase one solar would avoid blocking the slides. Phase 2 solar (in wire frame, probably never go this far) would call for slide toppers. I tried this out with both 100 and 200 watt panels. Leaning towards 200s. Fewer brackets and simpler wiring.

Attachment 38556

I really appreciate this forum. Get something out of it nearly every day.
    When deciding on mounting locations, I chose to have panels fairly evenly distributed from front to rear. My logic was that some of the roof may end up shaded and I will neve be able to predict just where on the roof that the shading will occur. So my method pretty much means I will always have some panels producing power. I noticed that phase one of your diagram you are pretty heavy towards the rear or front (100/200s) Of course there is a flip side to my thinking, and you know what scenarios you may find yourself in better than I... So just something to think about.

Of course if you go ahead with phase two, there is no issue.
    Last edited by huntindog; 01-17-2022 at 05:58 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got a leaf blower from one of my kids for Christmas. I wanted it for the express purpose of cleaning the camper roof. (My wife is the one who gets up there. I normally don't, and when I do service for the seals and stuff I use a ladder. With the one on the rig I just can't make the transition to the roof.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is where I’ve ended up. But first, a couple 206Ah batteries and the inverter, and play with it for a while. The 200w panels would be first if/when solar, then the 100w array on a second charge controller. I plan to use unistrut so I can hit the ceiling joists with screws, and tilt mounts for convenience. This design still keeps plenty of roof and slide access, while fitting 1200 watts up there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 10.57.07 AM.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	38762
    Jeff & Deborah - North Beach, MD
    2019 Grand Design 2970RL "Lucy", Hensley Arrow 14K, Goodyear Endurance Tires
    2019 Nissan Titan XD, 5.6 gas, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 bags

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123