Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lion Safari UT 1300 Costco Avondale AZ

INFO

The Costco in Avondale AZ has the factory rep from Lion Energy and they have a myriad of their products there with (what looked like) great prices. the Lion Safari UT 1300 (105Ah) LiFePO4 battery is for sale for $689.

They will be at the store thru 1/16/22. The rep mentioned if they were to run out of them, you can still buy and they'll ship. Sorry I didn't ask if there was a cost for shipping.

Going to pick up 2 on Wednesday.

https://lionenergy.com/products/lion-safari-ut-1300

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had 3 of those for a few years.

Costco has had them on and off for awhile at similar prices. A good choice, but don't panic if you miss it.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan_Dreaming View Post
    INFO

The Costco in Avondale AZ has the factory rep from Lion Energy and they have a myriad of their products there with (what looked like) great prices. the Lion Safari UT 1300 (105Ah) LiFePO4 battery is for sale for $689.

They will be at the store thru 1/16/22. The rep mentioned if they were to run out of them, you can still buy and they'll ship. Sorry I didn't ask if there was a cost for shipping.

Going to pick up 2 on Wednesday.

https://lionenergy.com/products/lion-safari-ut-1300
    I am intrigued at that price. Did you have to upgrade your converter in the coach? That was a deal killer for me with a 1 year old trailer, having to swap out the converter. I called the mfg and they said the charging profile in ours wont work with any Li batteries.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I upgraded.

There are mixed opinions on the need. Any charger will get you some level of charging. One could compromise and go a season with the OEM before upgrading.
    Rick

PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I've watched the dates and locations on Costco's site for the "tour of duty" from Lion Energy. Not yet seen a date at any stores in NE Ohio, albeit not been checking consistently. Is the only option to purchase from Costco is in-store when they are onsite or do they show up on the website for purchase direct from Lion?
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I already had mine I didn't watch closely. A vague memory says they have been online.
    Rick

PullRite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    I am intrigued at that price. Did you have to upgrade your converter in the coach? That was a deal killer for me with a 1 year old trailer, having to swap out the converter. I called the mfg and they said the charging profile in ours wont work with any Li batteries.
    I swapped the stock battery with an SOK 206AH lithium battery shortly after purchasing our TT last summer. Been running on the stock converter since then as I wanted to wait and see how much boondocking we'll really do and how the stock converter keeps up. It charges to 13.6v initially, then maintains at 13.1v consistently until the next time power is cut and it does a "full cycle". Obviously not optimal, but even at that rate we have more capacity than the stock lead-acid.

I've been researching all along about swapping out the panel/converter (because they are integrated unlike many RVs), but finally came across this video which shows adding a Progressive Dynamics lithium converter to the existing WFCO can be done. I've determined that for now, we're not adding solar as we like the convenience of hookups too much. Maybe in a couple years, we'll want to go solar. In the meantime, I'm going to add the PD converter and call it good.

Hope this is of use for you...keep in mind this video is about replacing a faulty converter, but same applies for just disconnecting the onboard converter and adding a new stand alone unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE-A...st=WL&index=24
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Lion batteries from Costco never struck me as that great a deal. The brand name isn't bad, but it's not Battle Born, and it's only $100 cheaper. Given the technology advantage with the BB, I'd pay a few bucks extra for that. If I wanted prismatic batteries I would go with SOK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better yet, I would go with Chins for just over $300
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    Factory Solar, Factory Disk Brakes, Heat Pump

2017 Reflection 29RS (Sold)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps, though I'd want to see a recent teardown before buying an off brand.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast