Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilS88 View Post
    Dear Riveyman,

Same thing just happened to me after a heavy rain. Glad I found your post. Your fix worked.

Happened again overnight. Not raining hard and not any wind to speak of. Blew the line out again.

I'm not an engineer, but I have slept at a Holiday Inn Express. This appears to be a design flaw. Water should not get in. If this was a common occurrence you'd think Furrion would outline this fix in their manual.

My TT is new and still under warranty. I've contacted Furrion and my dealer. I wonder what will be their response?

2022 Reflection 315RLTS.
    The fix worked 3 times and then would not work, I also started getting the E1 Code. I suspect that the moisture in my breath put moisture in the line and caused the code. I called Furrion and they thought it could be the Controllor which they do not sell seperately. They would send me a whole new unit under warranty. After a day drying out in the sun it worked fine agian. I am going to make a sheild out of alluminum to try and stop the rain from blowin in the exhaust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just opened up my ‘21 303RLS after it sat closed up in this Texas drought but under my metal RV roof for about a month. Now I’m getting this dreaded Code 05 error on my Furrion tankless. I followed the steps but when I blow in the tube it seems totally blocked. Should it be completely open or do I need to open up some valves maybe? Put it back together and still have the Code 05. Any ideas?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sivmem View Post
    I just opened up my ‘21 303RLS after it sat closed up in this Texas drought but under my metal RV roof for about a month. Now I’m getting this dreaded Code 05 error on my Furrion tankless. I followed the steps but when I blow in the tube it seems totally blocked. Should it be completely open or do I need to open up some valves maybe? Put it back together and still have the Code 05. Any ideas?
    It should be open and you would be able to blow through it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sivmem View Post
    It may have gotten a mud wasp or like in the tube?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickAZ View Post
    It may have gotten a mud wasp or like in the tube?
    I’m running a wire up the tube as I’m wondering the same thing now but it hasn’t broken through. I wanted to pull out the furnace but there’s a small sheet metal screw holding it in and it’s impossible to get to it without taking a bunch of stuff off. I did find one dead wasp at the opening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mud dobbers closed off the end of the tube and had formed around part of the adjacent fan blades stopping it also. I had taken the screen off that one heat exhaust opening a while back and forgot to replace it. Lesson learned. Hope this helps someone. I had called GD customer service and left my phone number for a return call. They called back exactly when I found the source of the problem and documented the cause in case someone else calls in with Code 05. Just another thing to check. Thank you everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this. I grabbed my flashlight and a phillips screwdriver and headed outside after reading this. Mentioning the heavy rain was key - there was a major rain the day before. A thousand thank yous. Awesome that you took time to photograph, annotate and post pictures.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riveyman, thank you so much for the fix. My problem is your fix will fix the problem, for a time or two, then later I will have the problem again. E5. Called Furrion, got a case number. They say to replace the whole unit, but can't get into dealer until November. My question is, can I replace this tankless WH with the old tried and true tank type? Thanks again for all the help.

Dave
    2021 GD Reflection 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im trying this now.. no luck. bad wind and hail storm last night. maybe should i let it dry a lil?? i blew it out. nothing. turned it on. still E5 Code. ughhhh

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew88 View Post
    im trying this now.. no luck. bad wind and hail storm last night. maybe should i let it dry a lil?? i blew it out. nothing. turned it on. still E5 Code. ughhhh
    Hey @matthew88, it looks like you're new here, welcome to the forum. There have been quite a few threads on the forum on this issue, the two culprits seem to be too much water (sounds like it could be you) or wasps which get inside and clog the tube. Yes, letting it dry out a bit may help. We installed some screens (these are like the ones we used: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Flying-In...0&from=/search) which help with the wasp problem, they may also reduce the amount of rain that can blow in.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast