User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put us down for the sticks! We have stayed at some resorts for various reasons (close to sights, rallies, ect) and we always have the same opinion... over priced, things we don't use and too close together. We were at one and I couldn't have a camp fire for the fear I would set my neighbors bedroom slide on fire. I would rather hook up once a week to go dump and refill water than have full hookups and no breathing room.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% sticks. We've always made our kids stay relatively quite and respect other's while camping while they were growing up. Other people, not so much. Put me in a remote spot where I can't see or hear another trailer and I'd be in tall cotton. We go camping to get away from the hustle-n-bustle not to deal with other, non-considerate campers and their dogs crapping 3 ft from our door....ya, that happened.

Having dog runs is a great idea. I've always thought it would be cool to make a few spots on our land but I think I'd over engineer it and honestly. And with the income, I really don't want any more folks around. LOL
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
    I've always thought it would be cool to make a few spots on our land but I think I'd over engineer it....LOL
    DW is keeping me in check there... kind of... I've already upgraded electrical and run all new sewer lines. And built a road, but I'm done now... I promise 🤣
    Roger, Stacy and the Sophie the fur kid

2017 Solitude 300GK
    2015 Chev 2500 Diesel (replaced)
    2020 F350 DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    DW is keeping me in check there... kind of... I've already upgraded electrical and run all new sewer lines. And built a road, but I'm done now... I promise ��
    Travelling Robert of Youtube did what you are talking about in the Steinhatchee Fl area (great fishing) Taylor County if I remember
    correctly. I think you have a great idea and we would definitely be interested for several weeks at a time.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I don’t like the resort style sites. Current place we go to seasonally is similar to what you describe. We love it. Lots of space and trees between us and other sites. Only amenities we need are water, electric, and a dump station. Hiking trails are a huge bonus for us.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    Travelling Robert of Youtube did what you are talking about in the Steinhatchee Fl area (great fishing) Taylor County if I remember
    correctly. I think you have a great idea and we would definitely be interested for several weeks at a time.
    Bob A.
    He is actually a pretty close neighbor, although we haven't found his property yet. We will meet up with him eventually; we've just been too busy lately. Our vision is very similar.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Hehehe... I was a network engineer in a previous life...

Yes, it's possible. It would be best to have a minimum of 50 mbps down and at least 6 up. That gives you room in the "pipe" for video conferencing, VoIP, video streaming (like Sling, YouTube, or Amazon Prime Video), music streaming (like Pandora), and general web browsing, email, and the like.

Keep in mind that would be for one site, multiply that by the number of sites you will have, including yours, and you can see it would get expensive quite fast. The other thing you would have to do is provide a solid network backbone there in the park, that means enterprise hardware, which costs money. You would also want to make sure that it's not just an open network that anyone within range can use, so you would need to secure it as well. Also, if you are conducting financial transactions via this internet provider, you will need to segregate that network from the other network. You also might want to have your own, segregated network for your private access.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. If you are interested in diving deeper into this, PM me your contact information and we can talk further.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    SpaceX and Skylink are the answer...
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    SpaceX and Skylink are the answer...
    If only they would get it mobile this year!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    So far, we've been having a great time.... clear some brush, build a road, fix up the utilities...

It was only intended as a place for the two of us, but as we get farther into it, we see other potential. If all that doesn't work out, then we still have what we intended.
    How far from Perry are you located?
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)