User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    My brother is supposed to get his (Starlink) early Feb. Let you know how he does. He is up in the mountains in Colorado.

Bill
    I'm waiting patiently for them to get to me. I had a beta program invitation early last year but stalled too long on deciding if I wanted to pull the trigger, and by the time I decided to go for it, the invitation expired. So now I'm just on the regular waiting list, and they think they'll add more capacity to my area in mid-2022.

Luckily, the cell for my home address is centered over most of the places I like to camp, so even though it's not meant for mobile use I should be able to make use of it at most of the remote campgrounds we go to.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    I'm wondering how many have similar preferences for campsites as DW and I have. We ended up with a beautiful piece of wooded land in north Florida where we will spend our winters. We hate to see this property sitting vacant during the summer, so we're considering adding a few more sites.
    So my question is: Do people prefer the resort type campgrounds, or would people be interested in a rural setting, well away from the neighbors? Our vision is to build a few sites that are basically an acre in size and hundreds of feet apart. They would all be full hook-up sites with probably a wood patio deck to park against and a fenced dog run on each site. We would have full size laundry on site and wifi internet available.

This is the kind of place we would like to live and we are curious if others are interested in something like this and would it be passing through, or would people like a monthly rate?
    Prefer as rural as possible.
    If adding amenities - sewer #1 , water #2 , power #3 .
    Count us in.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for all the responses.

A little clarification and update:

We have a road to site 1 and site 2 is cleared. Electrical and plumbing is 80% complete for both sites.

And the clarification... The intent here is to NOT make a big deal of this. We own the land for our own purposes so we don't need to make enough money to pay for it. We spend a few hours and a few hundred dollars for some plumbing and electrical; we're ok with that if we can make a few hundred back in a few years. It doesn't need to make sense to the accountants or the financial advisors. To us it's about giving a little bit back. If others are looking for the same thing we are (a quiet spot to just be ourselves) then that's what we're offering.

To us, it's about community: If you need a place to park and rest for the night on your way to something else, then pull in, rest and pull out. If your looking for a place to set up camp while you spend a month fishing, then here is the place... No amenities or luxuries, just a spot in the woods to camp.

I posted this here, to see if it makes sense. So far, what I'm hearing is that people are looking for this kind of place. Maybe we can do something positive one site at a time!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a road to site 1 and site 2 is cleared. Electrical and plumbing is 80% complete for both sites.

And the clarification... The intent here is to NOT make a big deal of this. We own the land for our own purposes so we don't need to make enough money to pay for it. We spend a few hours and a few hundred dollars for some plumbing and electrical; we're ok with that if we can make a few hundred back in a few years. It doesn't need to make sense to the accountants or the financial advisors. To us it's about giving a little bit back. If others are looking for the same thing we are (a quiet spot to just be ourselves) then that's what we're offering.

To us, it's about community: If you need a place to park and rest for the night on your way to something else, then pull in, rest and pull out. If your looking for a place to set up camp while you spend a month fishing, then here is the place... No amenities or luxuries, just a spot in the woods to camp.

I posted this here, to see if it makes sense. So far, what I'm hearing is that people are looking for this kind of place. Maybe we can do something positive one site at a time!
    Nicely said. If ever (when ever) I'll be in your neck of the woods I will definitely give a call.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't this basically what Boondockers Welcome is all about? Campers just helping campers because they enjoy one another's company...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345