Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scratchs on front cap

we purchased a reflection 2021 340 rds and when we arrived at home, we did an inspection and we noticed that the frond cap was all scratches. We took pictures and send them by email to the dealer. They open a warranty claim and it was denied by GD. Now i have to fight with the dealer to get it fix. Is that append to any of you. I know that i can do a good polish but i want the dealer to do it. It is very hard to get a good service when the dealer's service is not very good. Thank you in advance. Claude

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0181.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	38473

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0188.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	38472
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0187.jpeg  

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's super common to have swirl and wash brush marks in the painted front caps on GD and other brands. The paint system used is not hard, which is typical for fiberglass so that it can flex without cracking. Unless your dealer has motivation to provide you with a good will service, you will be out of luck. I honestly would not let a dealer service center touch paint. The needed correction is not bad for someone skilled, with the polishers and pads, and the compounds if you cannot do it yourself. It won't be inexpensive, and you will scratch it again yourself when cleaning if you don't take care or put a ceramic on it after it's corrected.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    It's super common to have swirl and wash brush marks in the painted front caps on GD and other brands. The paint system used is not hard, which is typical for fiberglass so that it can flex without cracking. Unless your dealer has motivation to provide you with a good will service, you will be out of luck. I honestly would not let a dealer service center touch paint. The needed correction is not bad for someone skilled, with the polishers and pads, and the compounds if you cannot do it yourself. It won't be inexpensive, and you will scratch it again yourself when cleaning if you don't take care or put a ceramic on it after it's corrected.
    Thank you very much for you advice. Claude

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a small chip repaired on warranty, but only because it was visible on the photo the dealer posted when they advertised it for sale. It was obviously there before I picked it up brand new...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue