User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upgrade equalizers & install Roadmaster Shock kit - 2022 22MLE

New to RVing and recently took delivery of '22 22MLE. After reading the experiences of many, planning to replace the factory equalizers with EZ Flex K71-653 equalizers and considering Roadmaster Shock kit RM-2450. Seems like it would be beneficial for the long term and in watching installation videos, doesn't appear to be too difficult. Seems like a reasonably straight forward bolt-on install but wondering if anyone on the forum has done the Roadmaster shock kit install on a 22MLE or something of similar size? If so, how did it go?
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2018 Silverado 2500 HD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that the shock system is a solid product.Let me know if you get them on how they feel.
    2019 Ram 2500 CTD Custom Crew Cab (DRW), RoadMaster RM257 Heavy hauler, Cummins Generator, 2020 380Fl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx for your input. Like you, we're in the NE so it'll be a couple months before weather allows the install but I'll pass along the result.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2018 Silverado 2500 HD

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not have an Imagine, but I have rebuilt the suspension on our Solitude and run the Roadmaster shock kit. Definitely one of the best upgrades dollar-to-benefit. I did weld my upper mounts after locating and installing one bolt in each just to keep them in-place for stick welding.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have put the Roadmaster Slipper Spring system on a 2600RB and my current 2970RL. I am very pleased with the system and would do it again. I would not even consider a trailer without it. In my humble opinion the only thing better would be independent suspension but slipper springs are a huge upgrade. Plus the added benefit of no bushings to go bad.

A few tips:
    1) Use oversized jack stands (multiple 2 tons were not safe the first time)
    2) Don’t screw around with inadequate jacks
    (Safe Jack makes a great package and it will be useful if you ever get a flat on the trailer or TV)
    3) Dip your drill bit in oil frequently- more frequently than you think it needs
    4) Strap the axles front to back to be sure they don’t shift.

While the instructions make it seem complicated its simple- not to be confused with easy.
    The first trailer took about six hours the second time took four hours

Feel free to message me for other questions.
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I do not have an Imagine, but I have rebuilt the suspension on our Solitude and run the Roadmaster shock kit. Definitely one of the best upgrades dollar-to-benefit. I did weld my upper mounts after locating and installing one bolt in each just to keep them in-place for stick welding.
    How long was your installation time? Or did you have done at dealer? E-trailer offers them. Do you remember where you purchased, as I’m leaving for Charleston trip and would like to get done prior.
    Thanks in advanced for any input.
    2019 Ram 2500 CTD Custom Crew Cab (DRW), RoadMaster RM257 Heavy hauler, Cummins Generator, 2020 380Fl

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeOfLuxury View Post
    How long was your installation time? Or did you have done at dealer? E-trailer offers them. Do you remember where you purchased, as I’m leaving for Charleston trip and would like to get done prior.
    Thanks in advanced for any input.
    Lol! Our friends treat me like the shop! I'm a diehard DIYer!

I bought the kit from Amazon. Had it teed up in the cart for probably 2 months and pulled the trigger when the price was $54 lower than anyone else.

Because I welded the upper brackets, the prep and painting added some extra time. I did make it easier having the coach on stands and wheels off. All-in with paint drying it waa about a 10 hour affair. I did a couple more coaches since then, and when it's all bolt-on I'm done in 5 hours.

Use very high quality, 12-inch bit on a high-torque right angle drill with cutting oil and spinning slowly. Be VERY CAREFUL, as plumbing and electrical lay on the beam flange on each frame rail.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Lol! Our friends treat me like the shop! I'm a diehard DIYer!

I bought the kit from Amazon. Had it teed up in the cart for probably 2 months and pulled the trigger when the price was $54 lower than anyone else.

Because I welded the upper brackets, the prep and painting added some extra time. I did make it easier having the coach on stands and wheels off. All-in with paint drying it waa about a 10 hour affair. I did a couple more coaches since then, and when it's all bolt-on I'm done in 5 hours.

Use very high quality, 12-inch bit on a high-torque right angle drill with cutting oil and spinning slowly. Be VERY CAREFUL, as plumbing and electrical lay on the beam flange on each frame rail.
    Great info. I’m pretty handy myself, but I have a guy that is a mechanic. So I’m sold, will purchase tonight. I will get on next couple weeks.
    Thanks again.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can purchase the Comfort Ride suspension kits directly from Roadmaster. I found that they were cheaper than other vendors. They also offer free shipping. https://www.roadmasterinc.com/contact.php

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see any kind of order form, just links to resellers. How does one order directly from them?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast