User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great hot water pressure but little to no cold water pressure HELP

I know this one sounds weird but it has got me completely stumped. I have barely any cold water pressure but my hot water is very strong, this is all on city water. I've checked the panel to ensure everything thing is set properly. I removed my flow regulator at the inlet to see if it improved anything, all it did was make the hot water have very strong water pressure. The cold water pressure has been dropping over time, so I've kind have ignored it up to this point as it wasn't a huge issue. Kitchen sink, bathroom sink, shower, and toilet bowl all barely flow. Now sometimes there will be okay water pressure temporarily. We are fulltimers and the misses would appreciate not having to stand around holding the toilet bowl lever down for 5 minutes to use the bathroom. I'm new to the forums. Thanks in advanced!!

Grand Design 2017 reflection RLS 303

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmk139 View Post
    I know this one sounds weird but it has got me completely stumped. I have barely any cold water pressure but my hot water is very strong, this is all on city water. I've checked the panel to ensure everything thing is set properly. I removed my flow regulator at the inlet to see if it improved anything, all it did was make the hot water have very strong water pressure. The cold water pressure has been dropping over time, so I've kind have ignored it up to this point as it wasn't a huge issue. Kitchen sink, bathroom sink, shower, and toilet bowl all barely flow. Now sometimes there will be okay water pressure temporarily. We are fulltimers and the misses would appreciate not having to stand around holding the toilet bowl lever down for 5 minutes to use the bathroom. I'm new to the forums. Thanks in advanced!!

Grand Design 2017 reflection RLS 303
    It sounds like the cold water line on the output side of the contol panel may have a kink in it. Try getting behind the control panel by removing the wall panel in the passthrogh compartment. Start chasing the cold water line from the control panel to the shower. That should be the shortest line.

Question: Have you tried testing the output from the cold water valve on the control panel. Using the quick disconnect fitting.
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also see if you have the same issues using the water pump. Maybe a kink or some kind of blockage.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I found the culprit, I tried to bend it out but I had no luck. How would you advise or anyone for that matter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kink.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	38495

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I found the culprit, I tried to bend it out but I had no luck. How would you advise or anyone for that matter.

If that bend is to tight, you may not be able to get it out without relocating or shortening the line. You may need to cut out a bit and put a coupler in or if possible replace the entire line with one a bit shorter so no kink.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    If that bend is to tight, you may not be able to get it out without relocating or shortening the line. You may need to cut out a bit and put a coupler in or if possible replace the entire line with one a bit shorter so no kink.
    Agree with RedApple63. I would remove the line. Re-route using a longer line. I've never worked with PEX tubing. Not sure about the correct way to fit the line to the connectors and clamp. I'm sure others on this forum know how to do it properly.
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would warm up that line with a hair dryer or heat gun (on low) and try putting a radius support on it something like this.....

1 PIECE XFITTING 3/8" - 1/2" PEX TUBING BEND SUPPORTS METAL https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JYHWGS5...3D39N7JZDPVQV6

It's actually not a PEX line but looks more like the flexible tubing GD uses.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 01-13-2022 at 02:31 PM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn't look like enough of a kink to cause a pressure loss.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replace it with PEX & brass elbow-that soft hose will give you nothing but grief.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC