User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question / Rant

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question / Rant

I'm trying to see if I'm missing something. I'm having a HARD time getting reservations...especially at state parks. I just tried to book at Wallowa Lake State Park and the reservation window didn't open until 6:00 PST. I found a site, put my dates in, and waited until 6:00 PST. I clicked reserve and it came back booked. WTH! Is it really getting to the point that it coming down to who can click reserve faster? Or, I'm I missing something? VERY discourging.
    Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjlebsa View Post
    I'm trying to see if I'm missing something. I'm having a HARD time getting reservations...especially at state parks. I just tried to book at Wallowa Lake State Park and the reservation window didn't open until 6:00 PST. I found a site, put my dates in, and waited until 6:00 PST. I clicked reserve and it came back booked. WTH! Is it really getting to the point that it coming down to who can click reserve faster? Or, I'm I missing something? VERY discourging.
    Worse than I've ever seen it. Try Florida in the winter [emoji6]

The upstairs devis that there will be some great used RV deals in a couple of years.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, with COVID, the has been an unprecedented surge in RV sales, which has lead to fully booked, or over booked, locations. Locations are now recommending booking 6-12 months in advance.

In the case of the State Park, when you "queue" your reservation, as you have done, it doesn't hold it. The website probably has logic that it follows and clears all the holds at 6:00. What I do is go in and look, grab screenshots or write down the info, then at the appointed time, get logged in and fill out everything. I do try to find more than one site, just in case.

Sorry you are frustrated, we all are. Unfortunately, that is the game we now play.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Unfortunately, with COVID, the has been an unprecedented surge in RV sales, which has lead to fully booked, or over booked, locations. Locations are now recommending booking 6-12 months in advance.

In the case of the State Park, when you "queue" your reservation, as you have done, it doesn't hold it. The website probably has logic that it follows and clears all the holds at 6:00. What I do is go in and look, grab screenshots or write down the info, then at the appointed time, get logged in and fill out everything. I do try to find more than one site, just in case.

Sorry you are frustrated, we all are. Unfortunately, that is the game we now play.

Yep, it's very frustrating. We booked sites for June & July this year back in Oct. I've done what you suggested. I have a list of sites & the next available dates. I logged in, put my dates in & clicked reserve as soon as the system opens. I swear, it really is a situation of who can click faster.
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's no different in Oklahoma. Last two years at the local lake, you'd have to go out on Monday or Tuesday and grab a site and pay all week if you wanted one for the weekend. COVID has turned the general population's minds into mush. People couldn't work and got free money so they just decided to go camping. It hasn't changed yet. I hope this coming spring will be closer to normal. In other news, the campsites should be making bank. OK State University owns Lake Carl Blackwell here west of town. I'd bet a paycheck that last year they made more money on RV camping than any year ever. People paying for all week and only using utilities a few days. Frustrating to say the least for the consumer.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, it's very frustrating. We booked sites for June & July this year back in Oct. I've done what you suggested. I have a list of sites & the next available dates. I logged in, put my dates in & clicked reserve as soon as the system opens. I swear, it really is a situation of who can click faster.
    Yes, it is. It sucks. It's also that way across the nation.

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wallowa Lake St park is one the the most popular St parks in Oregon. Most every ST park in Oregon will be booked all summer. In the past we used to go to Prineville St park for a family camp thing. It was almost impossible to get 3 spots near each other let alone one spot for the dates we wanted.
    Covid has really ramped up the reservation process in Oregon. What you're experiencing is normal and has been at the popular Oregon St parks for years.

What I do is if I can't book the spot on the date I want then I check everyday several times to see if there's a cancellation. It takes a lot of perseverance to reserve these days.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're seeing the same up here in Canada. Before we, well DW would book weekends only and really touristy high demand spots only. I wouldn't book anything. Week days were never an issue. Now we have to book everything and well in advance and we're still having a hard time. Got caught a few times. Which is one reason I'm planning a lithium battery project so at least we'll have some power in the Walmart Inn. Even those are stating to ban overnight stays.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Wallowa Lake St park is one the the most popular St parks in Oregon. Most every ST park in Oregon will be booked all summer. In the past we used to go to Prineville St park for a family camp thing. It was almost impossible to get 3 spots near each other let alone one spot for the dates we wanted.
    Covid has really ramped up the reservation process in Oregon. What you're experiencing is normal and has been at the popular Oregon St parks for years.

What I do is if I can't book the spot on the date I want then I check everyday several times to see if there's a cancellation. It takes a lot of perseverance to reserve these days.
    You ever been to Silver Falls State Park? If so, you see any issues with getting my solitude in there? Got lucky with reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there twice. I've seen a few 5ers that big there. Going around the loop is no issue but depending on the site it may be tough to back in. Most are easy though.

Just an FYI dogs aren't allowed on most trails. We went there a couples years ago with my son's family and he brought their dog and we were limited to the trails we could go on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast