User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 17MKE furnace blowing cold air

Apologize if this belongs on another thread but I can’t find an answer to my issue. Brand new to TT life and trying to make this full time. Picked up my 17MKE in Florida less than a month ago. Didn’t need to use the heat too much but can confirm it worked. I now find myself more than 1k miles away in rural OK and need heat. Problem is the vents are blowing cold air. There is no information in the manual and the grand design troubleshooting is no help. On another post someone mentioned listening for the pilot ignition and I can hear it cycling at least three times but the exhaust still comes out cold. Gas is definitely working, verified using the range and can smell it via the exhaust. I emailed the dealer but I’m sitting in the cold and wonder if someone has had this issue.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you at a site with electricity and plugged in? If not, your battery(s) may be low and not provide the required 12V for the electronics in the furnace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXkmpr View Post
    Are you at a site with electricity and plugged in? If not, your battery(s) may be low and not provide the required 12V for the electronics in the furnace.
    I’m on shore power, not battery. I just bought a space heater since it’s going to snow here tomorrow.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like your furnace is not igniting. I’m not well versed on diagnostics for that problem, but if you hear the ignition with no light, it sounds like a probable lack of propane at the furnace. Some have found kinked propane lines on their new trailers. It may be worth tracing the line anywhere you can see it back to the furnace to check integrity. Other than possibly letting propane flow, it sounds like the electronics are working.

You can also access the heater from the outside and check for propane, etc, but I have no experience to advise there. Possibly a YouTube video on diagnosing the Suburban (at least on my year) furnace would help?

Good luck! With just the space heater going, be very careful with any water in your pipes if it’s below freezing. The heater is designed to heat the underbelly too.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My suggestion would be to google "suburban rv furnace troubleshooting". A lot of information comes up along with several YouTube videos. Good Luck!
    Gary & Deb F.
    2021 GD Imagine 2500RL (Walter White), Lippert Road Armor/wet bolt mod, Goodyear Endurance Tires,
    2020 F-250 Lariat SRW 6.7 PowerStroke (Betty White)