User Tag List

Thread: 320 vs 350

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

320 vs 350

I asked about TT vs 5th wheel a while back, now I'm wanting more info on the 5ers.

There is a good Facebook page for the 29G and 31G, and a decent one for the 320G and 350G. I'm torn between them. I currently have an F-350 with 7.3L on order and was wondering about real world pin weights for the 5th wheels. I've also read that the 350 tows better, possibly because the axles are a little farther back on the frame.

I like the 5th wheel floor plans better, also like that they're 50 amp vs 30 for the trailers. We have property with a family campground that already has 50amp hookups and I've found myself using a dog bone at several private sites because the 50amp plug was much more tight than the worn out 30. I have to say the leveling system appeals to me as well and the ability to order from the factory with disk brakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

320 vs 350

Up front I got to say I’ve not hit the scales with my setup yet. I have a 2020 320G and tow with a 17’ 350 PSD SB King Ranch. I can’t give you specifics on pin weight however you need to get an idea of what you plan on hauling in the garage and if your going to haul fuel. I really notice the difference in handling with the reduced pin from the weight on and behind the axles. And that is just kayaks bikes and full gas tank. Others on the forum can get you real numbers from weigh station stops. Both toy haulers have great floor plans. We were down between the 320 and 350 and I decided the smaller garage worked well for our needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MooManChu; 01-14-2022 at 05:02 PM.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm going to my property, it's a Honda Pioneer 700-4 that weighs about 1500lbs and perhaps a couple chainsaws and other gas power tools if they can't go in the bed. I'll also have full fresh tanks for at least a part of that trip until we have a well drilled. And possibly black tanks with quite a bit in them on the way home. For travel trips, it will be mostly empty with a couple bicycles. Yeah, it's a pretty wide range when it's all said and done. Most of my trips will be with the UTV because we go there a couple times a month. I don't rip around, and in 50 hours of run time used maybe 20 gallons of fuel in the UTV so what I carry in it's gas tank is usually enough.

I've seen on FB that a 1000-4, which is bigger, will fit with the 3 season doors (that I have no desire to get).

The price is about the same, and it's way too much, but I was more curious if one towed better than the other.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If both trailers are set up properly, they should both tow the same. You will have more work to get the 320G to a proper pin weight, especially if you have water in the fresh tank and fuel. As you probably have read in other threads the 320G has a light front end.

If I had something like the Honda you have, I would look more at the 350G for the garage length. The 11' length in the 320G will be adequate, barely, but don't add anything to the bumpers of the Honda.

If you do get either one, get, or order one with the 8K lb axle option. The trailers are easy to overload the 7K lb axles, and the upgrade comes with the disc brakes. Boy do I love the disc brakes.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I planned on the disks. Panic stopping my rockwood isn't fun, even with a bigger truck I don't like the idea of having weak drums with even more weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sound advice here pilotpip. The axle upgrade if you have toys is a no-brainer. I use my garage mostly as a bedroom when we host the kids or guests. Wileykid is spot on with garage length. For reference, we have 10-foot kayaks and they barely fit and we only have the patio guardrail setup, no three-season doors. Also, you need to consider the tiedown setup in each trailer. Sure you can add, but if you can, find the units on a lot and visualize where your Honda will site while travelling. As I mentioned, we travel with 2 10' kayaks and also 2 mountain bikes. We have a washer dryer combo that eats up space and we are packed to the gills back there once everything is in and strapped down. Really, the only negative point coming from a 34' travel trailer is the storage upfront (we have the gen upgrade) is minimal, if not a bit disappointing.. We carry the smoker grill, pop up gazebo, and other "stuff" in the garage. Other than the garage, the units I think are identical layout.
    Last edited by MooManChu; 01-15-2022 at 08:28 AM.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty