User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddog303 View Post
    Ahh a fellow BC'r ,who knows about every park in BC is shaded .I ran my new 30G with the optional 300w solar panel boondocking could not keep my fridge from killing the batteries in 2 days unless I ran the genset.The only place was in Manning park in a wide open spot full access to the sun ,then batteries were topped up no issue and lots of power.Going the same route new batteries (Lithium?)and a 200w solar portable this year,see if we can hold our own.
    If your fridge is residential & runs off the inverter you are going to have problems. Do you know the draw?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think its 4.3 then you have a night switch mode that drops it to 2.4.Yes have been through the dead or almost dead battery's .Was talked into the bigger fridge with the 300 w. solar upgrade when I ordered the trailer new regret it now and as they "gave" me the upgraded solar for no additional money I'm wondering if there was even a propane available when it was built .Was 2 months late on the delivery date as it was. Will see if the battery upgrade and additional solar will cut the generator run time down.
    Retired Pilot 2021 Grand Design 30 g 2018 Ram 3500,2015 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddog303 View Post
    Think its 4.3 then you have a night switch mode that drops it to 2.4.Yes have been through the dead or almost dead battery's .Was talked into the bigger fridge with the 300 w. solar upgrade when I ordered the trailer new regret it now and as they "gave" me the upgraded solar for no additional money I'm wondering if there was even a propane available when it was built .Was 2 months late on the delivery date as it was. Will see if the battery upgrade and additional solar will cut the generator run time down.
    If that power consumption is correct, pretty low for a fridge & that's good. Still would consume 100ah of AGM LA easily as you only get 50%, Lithium will supply 80-90% & recharge quickly.....if you have charge power. The 200w portable panel is probably only going to supply 10ah @ best.

My 2022 310 GK fridge is suppose to be propane/electric fridge. That would be mandatory for me as the fridge runs full time & off grid most of the time. We ordered late Oct. the dealer said it was already on order, I did not believe that. Supposedly a change order was made to get the options we wanted, I'm using that as the unit order date.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123