User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying advice on a 2018 Imagine 2800 BH

Good evening. I am looking into purchasing a 2018 Imagine 2800 BH. I found it from a private party and they're asking $25,000 for it. First question is is this a good deal? Or should I keep looking. It includes hitch, weight distribution,brand new Goodyear tires. Upgraded steps,upgraded fan, and some spring shackle upgrades.

Also are there any quirks and problems you guys might be able to share with me about this particular year ? Thanks.
    Last edited by Josh951; 01-15-2022 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Misspelled title

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My advice would be to go on RVTrader and see what this model (and similar) have been selling for used. Today's market is crazy with units a few years old selling for prices equal to what they cost new. With a private party, be sure you have the unit inspected thoroughly by a certified RV tech or RV inspector. It's the things you can't see that will bite you.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased a used 2019 2800BH from a local dealer a few months ago and can inform the issues I found after the fact.

Take a good look at both axles to confirm they are arched correctly. I installed new tires and after 600 miles, 2 were worn bad on the inside due to the rear axle being bent from being overloaded at some point. Visually look down the toilet, lol. May seem odd but when I received mine I had the pyramid formed in there from previous owner and did not realize until our first long trip and it was full the next day. Confirm all water systems work as they should, with no leaks. Confirm all propane works as it should, spray connectors at the bottles to confirm. Open and close the awning, I had no issues but just check that it works. I paid $30K for mine and at the time, that was the same price as units from private parties. My axle was replaced by the dealer thankfully but it is something for others to look at. We were at the local RV show and they had the 2022 model going for $43K so I feel I came out ahead with my price. Comparing units at the show, the Grand Designs are a much better built unit overall compared to others.

Keep us posted on your decision please.
    2019 Imagine 2800BH “Chaos”
    2009 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Power “Nessy”

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other thing after reading your post again, what size WD hitch is it coming with? Dealer made me buy an 800lb hitch before taking ownership, BS having to do that but that’s a different story for another time. I finally grabbed a tongue scale as I felt the trailer didn’t ride well compared to my old trailer with my other spring bars I have. My tongue weight without batteries and stored for the winter is right at 775 lbs, the set up I have will not work and I will be switching to my old bars in the spring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for insight guys. Your tips are appreciated.
    I'm hoping it's a nice rig without bent axles. If they are I'll offer much less or pass on it. I can handle replacing myself if needed.
    I'm going to see it tomorrow so I'll keep y'all posted.
    I don't know what rating the WD is. I'll find out.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought that model new. Notorious for suspension issues. Search forum for past discussions. Curb side was significantly heavier than the other side causing it to lean and increased tire wear. Tires rubbed on the wheel well too. Other than that, we enjoyed the rig. Just didn't use the BH like we thought, so we went with a 2670mk,.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read about alot about the axle and spring issues on this forum today...it's definitely off putting.
    The owner said that the he had the 2200# springs installed as well as the Moryde shackles to correct the issue.
    We just love the floor plan. I have a wife and 2 small children so it's ideal for us.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Axles can always be upgraded for cheap, especially doing it yourself. His fix might have resolved it. It is a perfect fit for your family size. I will be upgrading my axles as needed in the future. It’s an inconvenience, sure, but can be resolved easy enough.