User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check out this 5th wheel

Check out this 5th wheel, It has a rear deck like a Toy hauler. Great idea...
    https://www.kz-rv.com/products/duran...s/G358RPQ.html

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    Check out this 5th wheel, It has a rear deck like a Toy hauler. Great idea...
    https://www.kz-rv.com/products/duran...s/G358RPQ.html
    LOL....wait until that couple that's pictured in the ad starts moving that set of deck access steps back and forth everytime they are ready to setup or tear down. I brought our Momentum Toy Hauler home and the first thing I did was unload that monstrosity and find a place to hang it on the wall of my detached garage. It will stay right there until the time comes to sell the trailer. To each their own I guess.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, those steps are sitting under the deck of the house. The PO also stored them.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never owned a TH so maybe I'm missing something but what's the point of having a deck like that. I can maybe understand if you have pets so they don't escape and can come in and out.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We like ours, we never sit outside but have been using the rear deck a lot more than I thought we would. We have a deck at home, and maybe it just carries over.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's different.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    LOL....wait until that couple that's pictured in the ad starts moving that set of deck access steps back and forth everytime they are ready to setup or tear down. I brought our Momentum Toy Hauler home and the first thing I did was unload that monstrosity and find a place to hang it on the wall of my detached garage. It will stay right there until the time comes to sell the trailer. To each their own I guess.

The manufacturer should have figured out a way to hinge those steps permanently from the underside of the platform so they can be stored right there on the back of the RV. Possibly making them so you unlatch them and swing them out and have them "latch" out to the right and then lower the deck. Once the deck is level unlatch the steps and drop them back down to the ground. Doing everything in reverse to close it up. I'm not sure how that railing for the steps is attached but it could be made to be either hinged or removable.
    Shouldn't be too hard to Magiver something like that.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 01-17-2022 at 12:11 PM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    The manufacturer should have figured out a way to hinge those steps permanently from the underside of the platform so they can be stored right there on the back of the RV. Possibly making them so you unlatch them and swing them out and have them "latch" out to the right and then lower the deck. Once the deck is level unlatch the steps and drop them back down to the ground. Doing everything in reverse to close it up. Railing could be made to be either hinged or removable.
    Shouldn't be too hard to Magiver something like that.
    The railing that goes around the deck platform is already foldable....just like it is in almost all of the Toy Haulers. But I do agree to some extent, there may be a way to do something with the steps to make them foldable, because they are simply a pain in the butt to use as they are. Like I said, mine has been hanging in the garage since the day we brought home the Momentum.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've been around awhile. Couple different manufacturers have it for a few years.

It's nice if you have the room in the site to use it. Here in the Northeast, good luck with that!
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That deck looks to be at least 10 feet, and the RV length at 36 feet would make it @ 46. That's long for a lot of private sites and at a lot of State or National parks a no go. If there were no trees at the back of the site you could hang over the site a lot, maybe. We like the interior colors though.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast