User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with only using flying j / pilot as a last resort. I’m kind of irritated that to get this credit card you have to join Good Sam.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    95% of the time no issues at truck stops. We have the TCS card through FMCA. Only Snafu is the cards often don’t work at the pump so gotta go in. Every so often I’ll get a trucker park his rig at the pump in front of me and disappear into travel plaza for 20 min. That’s frustrating. Pump prices are 10-15% than getting off an exit on the turnpike. The ease of in and out plus if they are a TCS participant takes the sting out of the markup. Also DEF is usually cheaper at the pump than bottled. Not to mention no concern getting bad diesel or DEF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Truckers dissappearing for 15/20 minutes is nothing unusual. That is the reason for the line in front of them.
    That is so they can go inside and get any drinks/snacks or to use the bathrrom, etc.
    It takes truckers about 15/20 minutes to fill there tanks, clean windows and get water etc.
    Just remember when your done pumping, to pull up to the line in front of you when done pumping and not to stay any longer then 15/20 minutes.
    Keep your head on a swivel when walking across the lanes, and also remember the lanes are slippery from the diesel.
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoJoSo View Post
    Truckers dissappearing for 15/20 minutes is nothing unusual. That is the reason for the line in front of them.
    That is so they can go inside and get any drinks/snacks or to use the bathrrom, etc.
    It takes truckers about 15/20 minutes to fill there tanks, clean windows and get water etc.
    Just remember when your done pumping, to pull up to the line in front of you when done pumping and not to stay any longer then 15/20 minutes.
    Keep your head on a swivel when walking across the lanes, and also remember the lanes are slippery from the diesel.
    Thanks for the response. I assumed it was common practice/courtesy that is to be expected. That said, they probably love to see us little guys getting our 30-40 gallon fuel-ups, we've not yet done the Titan upgrade. Good comment on the slippery lanes and 20min courtesy. I was driving my TV year round before COVID and the lanes are even slicker in the winter. I regretfully admit I was doing the long days driving wearing sandals when it was getting toasty outside...bout broke my neck getting out of the truck.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the reasons I don't like going to the truck lanes. Seems there's a diesel spill you can't avoid. Then you climb back in your truck and get it all over the floor in your truck.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    One of the reasons I don't like going to the truck lanes. Seems there's a diesel spill you can't avoid. Then you climb back in your truck and get it all over the floor in your truck.
    Thats why I love my Weather Tech floor mats. As far as the shoes, set them out overnight and they are usually good to go the next day.
    A good pair of leather gloves also helps at the pumps. Keeps the smell and dirt off your hands. I just store the gloves in the front corner
    of the bed of my truck.
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently fueled up at a loves truckstop. And I can share a tip with you. When dispensing fuel do not depress the lever all the way you’ll get series blow back of diesel. The nozzles at truckstops are like two times bigger than those at regular gas stations so depressed at halfway so you aren’t getting all the pressure behind those pumps. I’m guessing they’re high pressure like that in order to fill big rig tanks more quickly. Good luck

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Driving from Michigan to Florida at Christmas and back again at Easter, I can say there are far too many Pilot/Flying J truck stops and not nearly enough T/A stops. We try to avoid Loves because they seem to be considerably more expensive. We get the best TDS rebates from T/A stops, but there aren't many of them between Ohio and Florida.

I went to a trucker's website and printed off a list of every truck stop and rest area between Michigan and Florida that has the city and exit #'s. Indispensable!!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havent used any truck stop for fuel in over 45 years of towing and certainly will not these days... Pilot, JBs, Loves truck stops out in the Idaho area are currently charging $4.43 for diesel... the other regular gas stations are charging $3.76 a gallon... I have not found a gas station yet in 7 western states that I cant easily get into a fuel my truck and fifth wheel combo up at with no clearance issues...

Others really like the truck stops... YMMV

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    We would agree, our rig at 54 feet and 13.5 in height, it can't fit into most stations car lane pumps or there isn't room to pull away from the pumps and turn to get back out. Using the fuel station truck lanes
    for the last couple years sure makes it easier, never had a bad experience using the truck lanes. We can fill up with DEF at the same time if we need it. Of course having smaller fuel tanks than semi's we are in and out and out of their way pretty fast.
    Steven, I agree with what you say. In addition the truck lane pumps diesel so fast I can fill my tank in a matter of minutes.
    At home I use Sam's and their diesel pumps are incredibly slow compared to the truck lanes.

I have not experienced the blow back problem yet.

My 50 gallon Titan diesel replacement tank is being installed today, can't wait to drive our usual 350
    mile day of travel and not stop for fuel.

Bob A.
    Last edited by attaboy; 02-03-2022 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The OP is talking about the TSD and Pilot RV cards - there's no preauthorization on those. The TSD card does an ACH directly from your checking account and the Pilot RV card bills you every month from their own system.

For me, "the very best part" of towing with a diesel is the torque. After that come a variety of benefits, including fueling in the truck lanes.

Rob
    I have a Pilot, TSD, and Gas Buddy. The Gas Buddy has a cap of $100. The Gas buddy works in more places, but gives much less of a discount.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast