User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New GD dealer coming to CT - maybe?

Interesting article with a quote from Winnebago CEO. I wonder what FL based RV dealer has purchased the two new Country Camper locations? VT location is a GD dealer, NH is not so I wonder if GD will be part of the Newtown, CT dealership?

https://www.registercitizen.com/news...o-16778419.php
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is RV Retailers.. (RV One conglomeration).
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    It is RV Retailers.. (RV One conglomeration).
    Sign of the times? Small independents being swallowed up? Comforting to know that CEO is watching the 'canaries in the coal mine'...."...we do not want to have any open inventory on our lots that forces us to go to the dealers to beg them to take at a discount.”

Just happened to the Ford dealer in Laconia - forced to take 40 trucks that they can't sell still waiting for chips.
    Last edited by ajg617; 01-17-2022 at 10:13 AM.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Sign of the times? Small independents being swallowed up? Comforting to know that CEO is watching the 'canaries in the coal mine'...."...we do not want to have any open inventory on our lots that forces us to go to the dealers to beg them to take at a discount.”

Just happened to the Ford dealer in Laconia - forced to take 40 trucks that they can't sell still waiting for chips.
    Well, it sure seems like it. The Blue Dog dealership was just purchased by RV Retailers (RV One) in September of last year. They had about 10 dealerships, mostly on the West Coast, but one about 12 miles from us also.

I don't foresee anyone having to be forced to take RV inventory anytime soon. I'm literally scrambling to try to find enough inventory to take to a show next month.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I don't foresee anyone having to be forced to take RV inventory anytime soon. I'm literally scrambling to try to find enough inventory to take to a show next month.
    Hope your show turns out better then Boston this weekend - vax mandate to get in starting day 2, sub-zero temps, then heavy snow/rain today. Wonder how many showed up.....
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Hope your show turns out better then Boston this weekend - vax mandate to get in starting day 2, sub-zero temps, then heavy snow/rain today. Wonder how many showed up.....
    Yeah, you never know, when they schedule shows in the winter. We hauled 10 trailers yesterday before it snowed for the small Lehigh Valley RV Show that opens this Friday.
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS