User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kitchen slide toe jammer on 337RLS and 303

Many folks commented at the rally (along with me) about the bottom of the kitchen slide being raised up. This causes several issues, snagging your toes underneath, having dropped items roll under the slide floor, dirt accumulating, etc.

A few years back, GD started adding rollers on the inboard edge of the kitchen slider box. (along with the same rollers mounted to the floor) This allows the slide box to move squarely along the floor and not damage the linoleum.

I took garage door weather strip (from Lowes) and put it behind the molding. Cut the small lip off down one side. The bottom edge is just above the main floor surface and angles towards the living space. I put the screws in every 24" through the front. (very secure) Pre-drill pilot holes for screws. The rubber is stiff enough to keep your toes out and anything else on the floor. It looks and works awesome! The picture shows the parts used.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0493.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	38554Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0492.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	38555
    Last edited by RVing in Michigan; 01-17-2022 at 03:29 PM.
    Dan and Deb
    2021 337RLS
    2020 Lariat Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab Max Tow, Air Lift 5000

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dan - that's a great idea.......I don't recall anyone doing (at least sharing here) something like this. By the way early builds (at least 2014 and 2015) did have rollers under the kitchen slide. It's been so long since I looked but I think we have 5 rollers mounted to the slide and 4 on the floor. I'll have to check on the spring when we take it out of our indoor storage.

Thanks, again for sharing your idea !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide