User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WeBoost on 2021 22RBE install questions

Hello,
    My wife and I have a new WeBoost Drive Reach RV cell booster that we are going to be installing.

Plan A: It comes with a ladder mount, so that is probably the easiest way to mount the external antenna. Since the internal antenna is supposed to be as far away as possible from the external antenna I was thinking of mounting the internal antenna in the cabinet above the head of the bed. I was thinking of running the external cable on the roof from the ladder to the front, then into the cabinets. This means drilling a small hole in the roof into the cabinets above the bed. Problem with this plan is that I would have to drill through the front cap of the trailer, not the roof membrane. I would also have to get power to the cabinet. Don't like Plan A, mainly because while I don't mind

On to Plan B:
    Plan B: Mount the external antenna on the ladder, run the cable down the ladder, then underneath the trailer and pop it up into the pass through storage compartment using the already existing access holes used by water hoses and electrical wires. My battery is in this compartment, so mount the booster there, then run the internal cable up through the closets beside the beds and either mount the internal antenna in one of these cabinets or in the center cabinet. The problem with this plan is that the 25' external cable that came with the system is about 5' too short. I could either put on an extension or replace the cable with a 30' cable. Getting the internal cable up to the cabinets above the bed should not be too difficult.

Plan C: Mount the external antenna on the ladder, run the cable on the roof, then drill a hole and drop it down into the area behind the TV. Steal 12 volt power from the TV antenna booster (I got a 12 volt power source for the booster), and mount both the booster and the antenna there. Could also run the internal cable behind the microwave and mount the internal antenna above the stereo system. This plan has the shortest runs, but does require making a hole in the roof and has the external and internal antennas about 8' closer together than Plan A and B.

Any thoughts on these plans? I am hoping someone will have done this and have a more elegant solution.
    Thanks for reading.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on what you plan to use this for - i only really use mine for a hotspot - you can shield the inside antenna so that it doesnt interfere with the external. For general phone usage this may not be great but since i can control placement of the hotspot it works for me.

Of the plans you mention i thik i like b best, i would just get more cable its not expensive.

Bob

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished the project. Ended up mounting the antenna to the ladder, then running the cable down the fridge vent (had to dig out silicone from 4 screw holes on top of the vent to access the screws), into the cabinet left of the TV, then into the space behind the TV. Mounted the booster there, getting power from the 12v cables going to the fan light over the sink. Had to pull the microwave, but that was easy. While there I added USB ports on the cabinet just to the left of the microwave.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DFR571Z...roduct_details
    Not sure where the internal antenna will end up so left it free floating for now so we can try different locations next time we go out. We store the trailer beside our house, and the cellular signal is too strong there to do a good test.
    I am attaching some pics showing the project. Hopes this helps out somebody else doing a similar project. Second pic decided to rotate 90 degrees. Will try to fix. This is some crappy software! Tried rotating the original pic to account for the software rotating it during upload, but the software kept rotating it so it ended up sideways anyway.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BehindTV-Left.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	38858

Name:	BehindTV-Right.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	38859

Name:	BehindMW-Orig.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	38860
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE

Left The Driveway Jluttrull22RBE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thinking of doing the same to our 2022 22RBE, but we do not have a fridge vent as our fridge is the new 12V unit with solar, so I have to find another route for the antenna cable. Could you send me the photos of your install to [email protected]? Also, have you tested the system is a remote area?
    2016 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L V8
    2022 Grand Design Imagine 22RBE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are 2 pics of the antenna mounted on the ladder and one of the cable going into the fridge vent.

Name:	ladder.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	39353

Name:	ladder2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	39354

Name:	roof.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	39355
    If these are not showing what you want please put that in a new post. I have no suggestion on cable routing without a fridge vent other than using a longer cable to go to the bottom of the trailer, toward the front, then back up into the pass through. I considered this, but didn't want to buy a longer cable and have the extra signal loss the longer cable would cause. Good luck.
    Our trailer has not left our yard since the install so I haven't been able to really test the amplification at all.
    Last edited by alias100; 03-11-2022 at 03:44 PM.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE