Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings from New Hampshire

Hello:

While I'm new to Grand Design (we picked up our Reflection 260RD in November but haven't been able to camp in it yet due to winter weather) I've been RVing since 2018. My first coach was a Forest River Mini Lite 2401s. My current interest lies in provisioning my 260RD with an adequate solar system for camping off-grid.

So far we've camped in the northeast including New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Maine. We're not sure if we're up for long-distance trips yet (ever). If we decide to try it we would like to visit the west and the many national parks there.

Already benefited from being a member of this forum, thanks to all of you willing to share your knowledge

Stephen
    Last edited by Soundsailor; 01-18-2022 at 12:57 PM.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Hello:

While I'm new to Grand Design (we picked up our Reflection 260RD in November but haven't been able to camp in it yet due to winter weather) I've been RVing since 2018. My first coach was a Forest River Mini Lite 2401s. My current interest lies in provisioning my 260RD with an adequate solar system for camping off-grid.

So far we've camped in the northeast including New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. We're not sure if we're up for long-distance trips yet (ever). If we decide to try it we would like to visit the west and the many national parks there.

Already benefited from being a member of this forum, thanks to all of you willing to share your knowledge

Stephen
    Congrats and welcome to the group. As soon as border restrictions slack on both sides, those are all states that are on our radar.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see another NH native. We are also winter locked but set to close on RV this Sunday. Sad to say, we haven't explored much of our own New England states in 30 years - hope to change that starting this year.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Nice to see another NH native. We are also winter locked but set to close on RV this Sunday. Sad to say, we haven't explored much of our own New England states in 30 years - hope to change that starting this year.
    Yes, we New Hampshirites aren't very well represented on most of the RV sites I've visited. The one place I'd put on my don't miss list for New England would be Acadia National Park in Maine. Plenty of places to park your Solitude there, from roughing it to full hook-ups depending on your preference. Where in NH are you located?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello:

So far we've camped in the northeast including New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Maine. We're not sure if we're up for long-distance trips yet (ever). If we decide to try it we would like to visit the west and the many national parks there.

Stephen
    Greetings from the Delaware beaches! We also were blessed to call NH our adopted home...23 years in Southern NH and 16 more in the White Mtns! Alas, winter won! Delaware beaches is now as cold as we get [emoji1]

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we New Hampshirites aren't very well represented on most of the RV sites I've visited. The one place I'd put on my don't miss list for New England would be Acadia National Park in Maine. Plenty of places to park your Solitude there, from roughing it to full hook-ups depending on your preference. Where in NH are you located?
    I've heard a lot about Acadia over the years. Seems every time the Scouts went, I was traveling for work. Have you ever been to one of the campgrounds near Twin Peaks? Have seen some good reviews by folks who summer there every year. We're in the Manchester area - too close to Taxachussetts
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Georgia.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)