User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are going into our 2nd year with our 22 MLE. Could not be happier. A truly big little rig, perfect for couples. Other than some adhesive staining on the walls (waiting to hear back from GD on this) our 22 MLE has been good to us. Changed out the Westlakes for Goodyear Endurance and put eternabond tape on the roof. We look forward (5 years, 10 months, 2 weeks, 4 days) until retirement so we can enjoy more.
    Mitch and Alisa Frank
    2020 Imagine XLS 22 MLE
    2020 RAM 2500 Diesel

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrffrank440 View Post
    We are going into our 2nd year with our 22 MLE. Could not be happier. A truly big little rig, perfect for couples. Other than some adhesive staining on the walls (waiting to hear back from GD on this) our 22 MLE has been good to us. Changed out the Westlakes for Goodyear Endurance and put eternabond tape on the roof. We look forward (5 years, 10 months, 2 weeks, 4 days) until retirement so we can enjoy more.
    You've got one of those timers also. Lol

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    Thanks for the links, I was definitely thinking of something for the storage up front.
    I want to add another battery also for more runtime but will try single first to see run time, 90% of the time we will have power but I am looking at a few places in the UP with no power and if I can get buy without a gen I will be a happy camper.
    We're in the same boat regarding power needs. We've realized that we don't want to boondock as much as we thought we would. We like the luxury of power, water, and sewer connection. But, the lead acid batteries are terrible for longevity and capacity (you can't drain them below 50% without risking damage to the battery). Since we travel in cold weather, I wanted to make sure we wouldn't have issues running the furnace when staying overnight at Walmart and such on long trips to FL. Also, to add the storage box on the front where the battery normally is. So I purchased an SOK 206AH lithium battery and placed it under the dinette seat next to the power center. I have used it since July on the stock converter/charger without issue. I will install a lithium specific charger this summer. But even though the stock charger does not charge the lithium battery to more than 70%-80%, it has much more capacity than the lead acid battery that came with the trailer. And because it is lithium, it is safe to place inside the cabin.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    We're in the same boat regarding power needs. We've realized that we don't want to boondock as much as we thought we would. We like the luxury of power, water, and sewer connection. But, the lead acid batteries are terrible for longevity and capacity (you can't drain them below 50% without risking damage to the battery). Since we travel in cold weather, I wanted to make sure we wouldn't have issues running the furnace when staying overnight at Walmart and such on long trips to FL. Also, to add the storage box on the front where the battery normally is. So I purchased an SOK 206AH lithium battery and placed it under the dinette seat next to the power center. I have used it since July on the stock converter/charger without issue. I will install a lithium specific charger this summer. But even though the stock charger does not charge the lithium battery to more than 70%-80%, it has much more capacity than the lead acid battery that came with the trailer. And because it is lithium, it is safe to place inside the cabin.
    How did you tie in the battery under the dinette?

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    How did you tie in the battery under the dinette?

Not sure exactly what information you are asking for but here's a start...

If you look under the dinette, there is a bundle of wires going into the underbelly and the water pump is located there. I removed the excess spray foam insulation to make as much room as possible (there was a huge blob of it around those wires through the floor. But half the space under the dinette is open.

The power panel is right there behind the dinette. If you remove it, you'll see it is also open behind there. If you want to peek back there, you can take the drawers out above the power panel and see everything. You'll be able to see the wires from the back of the power center (converter/charger) that go to the front of the trailer where the existing battery is. You will basically pigtail into the power wire running a new wire to the battery under the dinette. You'll run a ground from the battery to the ground bus bar behind that panel. I installed a Victron battery monitor and a marine style cutoff switch, along with a 12v receptacle, on the dinette "wall" too.

One note: just leave the existing wires in place to the front of the trailer and don't completely disconnect them. Those are tied into the power jack and emergency brakes for the trailer. Just cap and tape the end of the wires that were connected to the original battery and tie them up underneath. Those will still have power and may come in handy if you ever want to add additional lights or something up there.

Does that help?
    Last edited by Riverbug; 02-13-2022 at 05:45 AM.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure exactly what information you are asking for but here's a start...

If you look under the dinette, there is a bundle of wires going into the underbelly and the water pump is located there. I removed the excess spray foam insulation to make as much room as possible (there was a huge blob of it around those wires through the floor. But half the space under the dinette is open.

The power panel is right there behind the dinette. If you remove it, you'll see it is also open behind there. If you want to peek back there, you can take the drawers out above the power panel and see everything. You'll be able to see the wires from the back of the power center (converter/charger) that go to the front of the trailer where the existing battery is. You will basically pigtail into the power wire running a new wire to the battery under the dinette. You'll run a ground from the battery to the ground bus bar behind that panel. I installed a Victron battery monitor and a marine style cutoff switch, along with a 12v receptacle, on the dinette "wall" too.

One note: just leave the existing wires in place to the front of the trailer and don't completely disconnect them. Those are tied into the power jack and emergency brakes for the trailer. Just cap and tape the end of the wires that were connected to the original battery and tie them up underneath. Those will still have power and may come in handy if you ever want to add additional lights or something up there.

Does that help?
    Thanks, I should have been more clear in my question. Lol
    I was aware of all that space and that's where I'm planning to eventually install ours. Would you happen to have pics?

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not very good at taking pics of my projects. I never think of it until I'm done. But my wife takes pictures of me in the middle of the big mess. I'll take a couple pics and try to upload them - maybe today since it's raining.
    Chad

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not very good at taking pics of my projects. I never think of it until I'm done. But my wife takes pictures of me in the middle of the big mess. I'll take a couple pics and try to upload them - maybe today since it's raining.
    That would be great, I am also curious.
    Thanks

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the added detail. I am also interested in the battery upgrade. Why did you pick the SOK battery?
    Seems to be quite a few choices on Amazon. Did you buy from Amazon?
    Picking up our MLE on the 22nd of this month (Feb).

Thanks,
    Bob
    Bob & Francie - Oceanside CA
    2018 F150 Platinum, SuperCrew 4x4 3.5L V6 EB, 145”WB, Max trailer tow pkg
    Our RV: Imagine 2022 XLS 22MLE - Purchased 2/22/2022.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanteer View Post
    Thanks for the added detail. I am also interested in the battery upgrade. Why did you pick the SOK battery?
    Seems to be quite a few choices on Amazon. Did you buy from Amazon?
    Picking up our MLE on the 22nd of this month (Feb).

Thanks,
    Bob
    Google Will Prowse and SOK. He did a breakdown and was really impressed.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast