User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member RazorbackRollin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 XLS 22MLE Report Card !!

WOW!!, what a four day weekend on Wright Patman Lake Texas. Camping on the point at Rocky Point. Incredible weather events, put this rig, to the test. Started off beautiful...then it all went north lol, winds 30+ and gusting straight across the lake and 28° or less outside. Inside, my wife 2 dogs, and 72° weather no problem. Very little furnace use, a electric heater and we were good to go. There were times it took the both of us to open and shut the door. The rig shook and the wind rattled our cage. But nothing broke and nothing froze. Water line was insulated hose with electric heat. If water was dripping outside any where it froze solid. We use a baseboard style heater, which puts heat to the floor first, and plug it into a 20 amp outlet I added inside the rig with a reverse plug on the outside, this allows a easy tap to the 20 amp outlet at the box. I was very impressed with this little rig. Yes you have to use a little extra bang but it was not at all hard to keep it cozy as long as you didn't open the freaking door for very long. This is our 5th rig including a 31 foot MH. So far with only minor issues, it's been my favorite. We pull with a 2014 F150 Crew Cab Ecoboost, cruise's at 1400 rpm's, 65 mph and 10 mpg. All in all a great weekend. Grade A- always leave room for improvement. Happy Camper....
    Last edited by RazorbackRollin; 01-17-2022 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. Glad it went really well! Do you mind sharing more details on the electric heater? Always looking for good alternative heat options.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 XLS 22MLE Report Card !!

The heater we use was bought at wally world 2 years ago. We thought it was just a tower unit turns out it was designed to lay on its side like a baseboard heater. I searched there web site with no luck. They may not make it any more. But I'll send out the make and model soon.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear all went well. We love our 22mle. Such a big rig feel for only 22 feet. Just one thing to keep in mind in case you don't know. It's the furnace that heats the underbelly and plumbing. Electric heaters will prevent the furnace from kicking on and heat the rig and also underbelly. I also found that using wood blocks under the stabilizers help stabilizing even better. The trick is to prevent the stabilizers from extending beyond 50%.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always good to hear when someone loves their new rig. We love ours too. Have used it many days in all weather situations in the past 7 months. Before we pulled it off the lot we had a water leak so they pulled it back in and fixed it before we left. No other issues since. Just lots of goodies added.

And so true about the underbelly, while there is no insulation underneath, there's enough heat to thaw frozen water lines. Now how would I know that?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question related to heat - what thermostat is installed in your 22MLE? I found with my 2610ML that the temperature when set to heating mode (- F -) cannot be set below 60F. Trying to see if other trailers of similar or smaller size have a different thermostat installed than a 'hockeypuck' shaped Furrion.

Glad you like it. We have the 2610ML, currently parked in SW Wisconsin, looking out over the Mississippi. With the temps around the 20s this weekend, we're thinking of again spending a night there.

And yes, you'll be buying a lot of goodies :-) With each trip you'll find something else you need :-D
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel
    e2 trunnion hitch and Curt 7-pin brake controller
    Victron SmartSolar 100|50 -- 2x UB121000 100ah -- 4x100W panels
    Always boondocking. No post, no facilities.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the GE thermostat...this is our 5th rig I have a barn full of stuff...lol

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha :-)

Would you perhaps know a model number / name of that thermostat?

--EDIT

Nevermind, realized i can use the part lookup on the GD website. This one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-20 130726.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	384.8 KB 
ID:	38595
    Last edited by TheRealRoland; 01-20-2022 at 12:07 PM.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel
    e2 trunnion hitch and Curt 7-pin brake controller
    Victron SmartSolar 100|50 -- 2x UB121000 100ah -- 4x100W panels
    Always boondocking. No post, no facilities.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRoland View Post
    Ha :-)

Would you perhaps know a model number / name of that thermostat?

--EDIT

Nevermind, realized i can use the part lookup on the GD website. This one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-20 130726.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	384.8 KB 
ID:	38595
    That's it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast