Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member RazorbackRollin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorbackRollin View Post
    That's it.
    It's extremely accurate I have 2 thermometers setup and it's died on when it reaches temp.....I've been very pleased so far with the GE AC I was sceptical time will tell.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    And so true about the underbelly, while there is no insulation underneath, there's enough heat to thaw frozen water lines. Now how would I know that?
    Hello, we just purchased our 2022 22MLE, and you say no insulation underneath?
    I know it is enclosed and thought the water lines would have been in the insulated part but really don't have any idea, this is our first travel trailer.
    So in cold weather best to just set the thermostat to the lowest setting?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    Hello, we just purchased our 2022 22MLE, and you say no insulation underneath?
    I know it is enclosed and thought the water lines would have been in the insulated part but really don't have any idea, this is our first travel trailer.
    So in cold weather best to just set the thermostat to the lowest setting?
    Correct, in the Imagine line as I understand it, there is no insulation in any of the models. I can attest that it applies to the 2022 MLE as I've been all up in there. If you're in temps that are below freezing or thereabouts, it is best to use the furnace as it does blow heat into the underbelly. I bought a 4 sensor temperature monitor so I can monitor cabin, outside, front storage bay, and rear underbelly. What I've found in temps down to 20 so far is that the temps in the rear underbelly are about 10 degrees lower than the temps in the cabin (which we usually have set at about 64). The temp in the front storage bay is about 10-15 degrees lower than the cabin.

You'll likely find that there is very hot air coming from the register in the bathroom (and kitchen). If you take off that white panel below the shower pan, it's somewhat open to the basement and there is hot air from the furnace going into that underbelly space. It's surprisingly hot as you'll find when you are sitting on the toilet and feel like your toes are turning to bacon crisps.

We'll be heading to MN from FL last week of Feb so I will see how the temps under there are when it is colder than 20. We'll be winterizing in AL, but I will still be monitoring the temps to see how well it heats underneath.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congrats on your 22mle! WE LOVE ours and with the exception of some minor trim pieces inside, it's been perfect.
    Darrel and Angela
    Imagine XLS 22MLE
    GMC Sierra 3.0L Duramax
    Anderson WDH
    Ballentine SC

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to all new 22mle owners in this thread! We love ours too.
    @Riverbug thanks for the info on the underbelly. Have not needed to get up in there but good to know what to expect.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct, in the Imagine line as I understand it, there is no insulation in any of the models. I can attest that it applies to the 2022 MLE as I've been all up in there. If you're in temps that are below freezing or thereabouts, it is best to use the furnace as it does blow heat into the underbelly. I bought a 4 sensor temperature monitor so I can monitor cabin, outside, front storage bay, and rear underbelly. What I've found in temps down to 20 so far is that the temps in the rear underbelly are about 10 degrees lower than the temps in the cabin (which we usually have set at about 64). The temp in the front storage bay is about 10-15 degrees lower than the cabin.

You'll likely find that there is very hot air coming from the register in the bathroom (and kitchen). If you take off that white panel below the shower pan, it's somewhat open to the basement and there is hot air from the furnace going into that underbelly space. It's surprisingly hot as you'll find when you are sitting on the toilet and feel like your toes are turning to bacon crisps.

We'll be heading to MN from FL last week of Feb so I will see how the temps under there are when it is colder than 20. We'll be winterizing in AL, but I will still be monitoring the temps to see how well it heats underneath.
    That is interesting, so I guess when the say R30 with their little * they mean R30 with the furnace running.
    I like your idea with the multiply temp readings, do you use one device or have multiple?
    Thanks for information and I am sure we will be learning more interesting things and mods for this unit.
    My wife and I feel we picked the right one for us and can't wait to use this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Artic package includes a thermo sheild cover that's glued to the belly cover on the top side it has a reflective surface that's suppose to reflect heat from the floor and the furnace inside the belly area. So far it has work ok in my 22mle. It does not look like insulation looks like flat foil. I don't know why you couldn't go under there with some of the pink sheeting and slide it straight from the back all the way to the front for more insulation. North to Alaska!!!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    That is interesting, so I guess when the say R30 with their little * they mean R30 with the furnace running.
    I like your idea with the multiply temp readings, do you use one device or have multiple?
    Thanks for information and I am sure we will be learning more interesting things and mods for this unit.
    My wife and I feel we picked the right one for us and can't wait to use this year.
    Hi Trapper. We purchased this in September: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
    So far no need to change batteries in any of the devices. It works great and based on my "thermo gun" they have been accurate. You get the indoor monitor and three remote monitors.

GD marketing is incredibly generous with respect to their R ratings. Even that foil they claim adds so much R value doesn't do much when they just throw in a piece here and there. Or worse yet, where there's no actual space for heat reflection. Anyway, it is what it is. We've had enough RV's, and I've done enough refurbishment on them over the years to know what we are getting. We still love our little MLE!

Here's another cool mod that I picked up on the forum...bought this off Amazon and mounted it to the A-frame up front behind the propane tanks. Our blocks get stored there while traveling and my equalizer hitch and bars are stored in there when parked. Less dirt and sand ends up in our storage bay.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1?ie=UTF8&th=1
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
    That's a great idea. You could place one in the belly of the rig to monitor temp. When we get to go to Alaska I will likely put pipe insulation on anything I can get to in the belly of the unit. We shall see.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Trapper. We purchased this in September: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
    So far no need to change batteries in any of the devices. It works great and based on my "thermo gun" they have been accurate. You get the indoor monitor and three remote monitors.

GD marketing is incredibly generous with respect to their R ratings. Even that foil they claim adds so much R value doesn't do much when they just throw in a piece here and there. Or worse yet, where there's no actual space for heat reflection. Anyway, it is what it is. We've had enough RV's, and I've done enough refurbishment on them over the years to know what we are getting. We still love our little MLE!

Here's another cool mod that I picked up on the forum...bought this off Amazon and mounted it to the A-frame up front behind the propane tanks. Our blocks get stored there while traveling and my equalizer hitch and bars are stored in there when parked. Less dirt and sand ends up in our storage bay.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1?ie=UTF8&th=1
    Thanks for the links, I was definitely thinking of something for the storage up front.
    I want to add another battery also for more runtime but will try single first to see run time, 90% of the time we will have power but I am looking at a few places in the UP with no power and if I can get buy without a gen I will be a happy camper.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast