User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compare 268bh vs278bh? Advice from owners!

We are comparing the 268 vs278 and would love feedback from owners. I know the bunks in 268 are sort of exposed but does that create further benefits in layout and space in common area? Any else to be mindful of? Appreciate the advice.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be best for you to try and go in each floorplan, spend time and make comparrison notes. With sales like they are that may be a difficult task. Picking the right floor plan is more of a personal choice of what will work for you and your family. Good luck with your decision..it's not easy!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allow me to actually answer your question. I have the 278bh and it was a very very easy choice to make. I do not understand why anyone would actually pick the 268bh at all. The bedroom and bath is the same. The 278 is only a foot or so longer. We sat in the 268 first and while we liked it, the exposed bunks were awful. My boys love having a small room to themselves. The 268 lacks an outdoor kitchen which was a deal breaker for us too. We use the outside fridge on almost every trip. I’m converting the cooktop to a drawer because the burners that come with it are useless. I can’t see the 268 being a model that stays for long since it really is a step down from the 278. The door to the 268 is also right next to the bunks which would be an issue at night if you open the door and wake up the people sleeping. The fridge is literally in the walkway from the bathroom. The 268 was just bad in every way. We have a 2021 278 and love it. We literally went over every single model and picked it over the rest. Love the rear storage and the small bunk room. It has been a perfect rig for us. And at 33 foot it is easy to manage as well. Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great advice so far. Just an observation that would get a deal breaker for us. Bathroom access when slides are in. Bedroom also. On travel days, we will stop for for bathroom break and lunch breaks. Having access to the bathroom is high on our list of must have. Having access to the bedroom comes in handy if ever you have to spend the night at a Walmart Inn, truck stop... where you can't open the slides. It's happen to us. Everyone's taste and needs our different which explains the million Floorplan available.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve a ‘21 268BH. We like it. The bunks are a bit exposed, but there’s curtains that can be drawn for a little “privacy”. The only things I don’t care for is lack of outside “living” and no bathroom access with the slide in. Other than those 2 things, it’s a pretty awesome rig. We’ve camped with 2 teenagers boys and dog. Separate trips 2 adults on the bunks and no complaints.

We did browse the 278BH, it just didn’t have that “jackpot” feeling for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 GMC SIERRA HD AT4, Duramax, B&W companion
    2021 Grand Design 268BH (5er)
    Traded: 2018 Nissan Titan XD, 4x4 (Cummins powered) with Curt A16- Puck system
    SOLD: 2020 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf (TT)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Bathroom access when slides are in. Bedroom also.
    This was our reason for going with the 278BH as well.

With you 268 and the slide in you can't access the bathroom or front bedroom, on the 278 you can't access the bunkhouse. Which is important to you if you can't put the slide out?

What I'd really want to see is the 28BH with the same beds as the 278BH (like they did years ago) and a 10cu fridge (instead of the 16) and with the extra space put the U shaped Lounge that is in the 260RD or 31MB.
    Last edited by eskador; 03-04-2022 at 08:07 PM.