Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no power to camper on 2021 Imagine 2400BH

Good morning, I hooked up my trailer the other day and there was no power to it. My truck is a 2021 Chevy Silverado with the trailering system checklist. After I was completely hooked up, I checked to see if all marker, brake and flashers were working. Nothing. My trailering system showed no trailer connected. I brought the truck to dealer to get it checked and everything was fine. When I got home, I cleaned the contacts on the seven pins plug on camper. Still nothing. Checked GFI in camper and fuse panel, all good. Do I need to check the junction box with a continuity tester. Right now I'm stumped. Any advice would be appreciated. I hesitate to bring it back to the rv dealer since I have no working trailer lights.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The camper fuse panel has nothing to do with tail / brake / turn lights and the brakes. Just wires from the 7 pin.

I would start with the plug and a pin out diagram. Jumper from the +12v to each of the tail, left and right connectors one at a time and verify the proper lights are on. Then jumper to the brake connection while someone listens at a wheel, a slight click should be heard.

If this checks out the trailer wiring is ok. What make and year truck do you have? It could be it is not seeing enough load with the LED trailer lights
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen this problem on an friend's F150...

A lot of the trailer plugs consist of two parts that click together, and his had separated enough to interrupt connection. I'd use a multimeter on the truck side to make sure you have power to tail/stop lights. If not, look behind the plug and check for a loose connection. (I know dealer said it checks out, but I personally have little faith in dealers.)

If truck plug checks out, follow the ground wire from the 7 pin back to the trailer. Make sure it isn't broken or corroded. Improper ground is one of the more common issues I've seen.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with little faith in dealers however on at least some trucks they won't supply the connector until the truck senses the trailer so trouble shooting becomes difficult
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I stated in my post, my truck is a 2021 Silverado. I appreciate your quick replys. I should have mentioned that the last time we used the camper, everything worked. The truck dealer used a trailer surrogate and ran an onboard function test. Everything passed. that's why I was wondering if there's a problem at the junction box. I'll try your jumper to the tail when I get home.