User Tag List

Thread: Theater seats

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theater seats

We have a 2017 27RL and our theater seats r starting to peel and one of the pulls that reclines the chair is about to break. Went into Grand design to see if we could order a replacement and they don't make these seats anymore or the color. I don't want a different color from our couch. Anyone else run into this problem? If so what did you end up getting. Thank you Tara
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsmiley72 View Post
    We have a 2017 27RL and our theater seats r starting to peel and one of the pulls that reclines the chair is about to break. Went into Grand design to see if we could order a replacement and they don't make these seats anymore or the color. I don't want a different color from our couch. Anyone else run into this problem? If so what did you end up getting. Thank you Tara
    If you search this forum, you'll find that both these issues are very common. There's been multiple conversations about this. Most will go to a residential theater seat.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s likely that your couch will start to peel shorty also.

Our theater seats on our 2017 peeled horribly. Once it started the peeling accelerated.

We replaced the theater seats with cloth theater seats. The seat backs are not as tall and they don’t offer support for my 6’ frame but my wife fits fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BCC4B57D-ADD8-4151-8B32-EE62574337A9.jpg   8300FD86-DD45-4961-BC8E-4CD43C997BFE.jpg  
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used recpro for new theater seats https://www.recpro.com/recpro-charle...seat-in-cloth/
    Last edited by Jerryr; 01-19-2022 at 05:49 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the info. I like the 2 different colors. And yes it's my husband's side that is peeling on seat and back.
    Thank you Tara
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the info. I like the 2 different colors. And yes it's my husband's side that is peeling on seat and back.
    Thank you Tara
    Did you buy the RecPro or go with an alternative? What color? How do they sit?
    2017 Reflection 303RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 Diesel
    2018 Goldwing Tour

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have not replaced our theater seats yet. Way too expensive to ship. Still looking. This is so crazy because our couch is in perfect condition so not wanting to replace it but don't want mismatched furniture. Just wish Grand Design still had this theater seat. Tara
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerryr how is the material holding up and is thst oatmeal ? Looks lighter in ur pic than our sample material looks. Thank you Tara
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the original poster and finally bought a 64in theater seat from recpro to replace peeled one. We ordered the chestnut and no it doesn't match too well but we love these seats. And FYI the 64in theater seat fits perfectly in our 62in slide-out. Just thought I would give update.
    Tara
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL