User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you buy a rv in florida a brought it back in quebec?

I wanna buy a rv in florida and bring it to Québec. Is it a good idea? 6000$-8000$ discount….

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pgallant View Post
    I wanna buy a rv in florida and bring it to Québec. Is it a good idea? 6000$-8000$ discount….
    I don't see why not if the deal is right. Check with CBSA for the required paperwork. Factor in exchange, taxes and any other fees that the dealer and CBSA will have. 1 thing to keep in mind is not every dealer will do warranty work on rigs that they haven't sold or they might put you at the end of the line. That is assuming you're buying new. I know a few people that have bought vehicles in the states and brought them back.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say RV, more clarity is needed. Is it a trailer or Motorized vehicle? Big difference with regards to import regulations. Trailers are much simpler. I have imported 2 trailers over the years , and it's quite simple, as long as you are well aware of what's required. If you show up at the border without the required paperwork, that trailer will not be crossing the border. As previously mentioned, check with CBSA as well as the site for the Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV), everything is well laid out there. The onus is completely on you to know the requirements and paperwork needed, CBSA will not help you with that once you show up at the border. Our savings was substantial both times, but our dollar was very close to at par at that time. This last trailer, after factoring exchange, it was not worth it.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's