User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditch the Anderson liberty doesn’t honor warranty on 5er frame go withmorryde or trailer flex air hitch also Reese goose box is acceptable
    Retired Transportation ,
    2015 GMC 2500HD. (6.0L.) Crew Cab. S.R.W.
    2021 reflection 320 MKS. With some mod.s
    2nd. Rv. And lovin it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cshyman62 View Post
    Ditch the Anderson liberty doesn’t honor warranty on 5er frame go withmorryde or trailer flex air hitch also Reese goose box is acceptable
    I use the Anderson Ultimate hitch and both my dealer and the factory customer service told me that the Anderson hitch does NOT void the warranty. However they both said if damage to a trailer is directly caused by a hitch it would not be covered by the warranty on the trailer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    https://www.superspringsinternationa...osprings/#over
    TSS-107-40
    This was the biggest most profound upgrade I made that improved ride and handling on my 260RD.

This will be a good upgrade for sure, so between the -47 and the -40 what is the different?
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    This will be a good upgrade for sure, so between the -47 and the -40 what is the different?
    I have TSS-107-40 and found them to work well. That's all I know.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
    I use the Anderson Ultimate hitch and both my dealer and the factory customer service told me that the Anderson hitch does NOT void the warranty. However they both said if damage to a trailer is directly caused by a hitch it would not be covered by the warranty on the trailer.
    Same experience here but I never got the disclaimer. This has been a wives tale since Andersen came on the scene with the Ultimate. Lippert had a goosebox type pin box and were trying to keep away competition. Also there is no replacing a turning point pin box as it's mounting bolts are not standard. Lastly Andersen will warranty damage if it is caused by their hitch.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest difference when I switched form a TT to a 5th wheel was how the 5th wheel would cut the corner when turning.
    Our TT seemed to follow the track of the truck better and was easier to turn in tight traffic situations.
    5th wheels will cut the corner and drag a wheel over the island in a left hand turn. Yep.... found that out the hard way.

A 5th wheel also reacts a little differently when backing up. As a previous poster mentioned, I would go to your local church's parking lot and practice a bit. You'll see what we mean.

The best part is that trailer sway is no more. It just seems to pull better than a TT.

This is just my opinion and it's worth exactly what you paid for it!

Safe travels!
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will enjoy the AUH, find a level place and take your time setting hitch height. I adjusted the pin box to help with truck ride height and leveling the rv
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All great advice so far. I can only add - make sure you double check everything Before you move the vehicles. I have damaged my tailgate through not mot double checking. I almost pulled the plug apart because I allowed myself to get distracted. For whatever reason I am more easily distracted when hitching/uh-hitching the 5er than I ever was with any of my TT. That is probably the biggest thing I can say - don't get distracted.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You certainly picked the right hitch!! Once you switch to the Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch, you WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THE CONVENTIONAL TYPE 5TH WHEEL HITCH! I have converted about 5 people in our clubs to the Anderson Hitch and all of them said it was the best thing they ever did for towing a 5th Wheel!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!!!
    am pulling a 2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL with a 2017 Ram 2500 with the 6.7L Cummins Diesel engine. It kills like a dream, and that Cummins hardly knows it’s back there (unless going up or down a steep grade). I’ve made no modifications on the factory suspension. You shouldn’t have to make any suspension upgrades with you combination. Happy trails!!!
    Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast