Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concierege Planning Service????

We are trying to plan a trip out to a few of the National Parks out west and Mount Rushmore. A friend told us they knew someone who flew out, rented a class A, and spent 2 weeks doing pretty much the areas we were interested in. What he said was nice was that the RV rental place made all the arrangements, including campground reservations, with recommendations for how many days to stay per area, things to see, etc. Was wondering if there was anyone who knew of a service that would do this type of planning and reservations for you, for a fee of course, without renting the RV itself. If not, maybe a blog or site that provides where to go;s, campgrounds to stay at, etc??
    Thanks in advance
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you looked into Adventure Caravans, or Yankee Tours, or Fantasy RV Tours? Each of those do all the work, planning, reservations, directions, etc. You just write a check.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Have you looked into Adventure Caravans, or Yankee Tours, or Fantasy RV Tours? Each of those do all the work, planning, reservations, directions, etc. You just write a check.
    Thanks Larry. I was not aware of these businesses. They look like they run full caravans, which is interesting and something I hadnt considered. I was kind of looking for something in between me planning everything out, and this kind of trip where you are with a group and all travel and tour together. So not quite as structured. But I suppose if I cant find that, I could always look at the itineraries that these companies put together and structure something myself around that.
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Desmarais View Post
    Thanks Larry. I was not aware of these businesses. They look like they run full caravans, which is interesting and something I hadnt considered. I was kind of looking for something in between me planning everything out, and this kind of trip where you are with a group and all travel and tour together. So not quite as structured. But I suppose if I cant find that, I could always look at the itineraries that these companies put together and structure something myself around that.
    Dave
    Sometimes those caravans help one get staryed & familiar with areas. You can also check their web sites for places you want to visit and see what their itinerary is, what the see, etc. and you can plan your trip on your own. I do that a lot when going to a place I haven’t been too. I’m in the midst of doing that now for a Michigan trip this summer/fall.

Try out RV Trip Wizard on line. I use it almost exclusively for planning stop and making notes. You can try it for free for a few days (a week?). If you like it then it is well worth what they charge.

Oh - check around for local travel groups too; like Goodsam groups. You get a good mix of trailers and motorhomers in those groups. FMCA too but lean real heavy toward large class A’s.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods