Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ours too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Russmon View Post
    Hello friends,
    I spent two hours today trying to adjust the entry door. I can not get it to close easily. I have to slam it from the inside to get it latched. I tried adjusting the strike plate and just can't get it to close without a crazy amount of force. I THINK it's the door seal... it's very thick and keeps it from engaging properly?
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks so much
    My rig is 2021 2670 MK
    Might not be your issue. However, on our 297 RSTS, if on its wheels, I.E. behind the truck in the rest area on a trip, the door works as expected. At the campground, level and fully supported by the leveling jacks, wait no stabilizer jacks, the frame flexes enough to make ours like yours. I have to use a full body press from the outside to get it to close. From the inside I find, not slamming, but a full body pull on the handle gets it to close with a gentle click, I do weigh 200 lbs. I believe because it was built on its frame and axles/wheels, without the stabilizers down, that the frame flexes enough to create this issue. The frame simply flexes up at each end when supported, not as built, causing my problem.
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've always had to slam the door shut and pull it with the handle until it fully latched. Same with closing it from outside, have to slam and then push against the door near the handle to get to fully latch shut. Ours I believe is due to the flimsiness of the door and frame, plus gasket.

Have tried to adjust the strike plate, but then the fit is too loose. So we just put the plate back to its original setting and keep slaming and pull/push till it fully shuts. Its a little annoying but it works and gets the best seal when closed.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 01-23-2022 at 11:03 PM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lube that latch and it will work fine. I had that issue as well. SO FRUSTRATING!!!! Then I sprayed some silicone lubricant in there and that frustration all went away.
    2016 RAM 2500 w/ Cummins
    2022 Grand Design 28G
    Love hang gliding, surfing, snowboarding, skiing, and being outdoors...
    I can't wait to be retired at some point to travel with my trailer with the family

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more vote for trying some lube. I am a big fan of this stuff: https://www.amazon.com/WD-40-300052-...s%2C134&sr=8-7
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    One more vote for trying some lube. I am a big fan of this stuff: https://www.amazon.com/WD-40-300052-...s%2C134&sr=8-7
    Powdered graphite works pretty good too.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is a year and a half old. Likely the problem has been solved by now.
    2023 Reflection 297RSTS
    2020 F-250 Power Stroke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12