User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Changing Lanes and Keep Your Daydream (KYD) usually have decent videos.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Watched a few of them - some interesting topics and interesting site visits.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    traveldawg, (Larry) Thanks for your thoughtful, thorough post. I will definitely check out all your YouTube suggestions. Retirement will be our new life....we are not new to RV'ing. We are new to GD, however, and find their community and social outreach with their consumers much more personal. We've been RV'ing for 30 years, but in retirement, we are looking to find more ideas for long-term (not full-time) camping and distance camping that we've been unable to do while working. (And I agree-advertising sponsored video posts are taken with a grain of salt! Those are the ones we typically fast forward through! ;-) )
    Lisa & Richie
    2023 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2022 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi 4X4 Quad Cab
    https://www.instagram.com/rvlifeofriley/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah - thought you were new to all this..... I agree with the GD social outreach thoughts - it seems well managed. There are a few manufacturers that seem well tended too - Alliance comes to mind, they also seem very customer oriented. I'm always on the lookout for independent dependable sources too these days, probably for some sort of validation; sometimes it is hard to 'separate the wheat from the chaff'. Hence my other post.

Anyhow, Congrats on the retirement and many happy travels. When we retired I found it was as much fun planning longer trips as it was taking them (something to do in the colder, non-travel months). So we keep referring to all the info on line too.

btw - we were at the Tampa show on Tuesday when many of the YouTubers and media were there. Every year it seems like there are more and more - some quite sophisticated, others running around interviewing and filming everything with a smart phone. whew.... Still - LOTS of info to sort through - thank goodness for fast-forward.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you care for a more nuts and bolts YouTube channel give All about RV's a look. Host is Jared Gillis. Super knowledgeable and a very good teacher.

https://allaboutrvsinfo.com/
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    If you care for a more nuts and bolts YouTube channel give All about RV's a look. Host is Jared Gillis. Super knowledgeable and a very good teacher.

https://allaboutrvsinfo.com/
    We follow him! Thanks for your post!!!
    Lisa & Richie

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darren from My RV Works is awesome!
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, I'm pump already.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @RUTrippin2

We don't want to miss the opportunity once we hit the road to attend a rally, go to an RV show (we made it to Hershey this year

While I'm not against learning new things , watching videos for ideas, or attending a rally with other owners, factory reps, etc...
    I never did understand the not wanting to miss an opportunity to attend an RV show, especially while traveling or vacations. I'll only attend an RV show when I'm interested in purchasing a new RV, usually a season or two before I plan on getting rid of my existing RV. I'll also just do some online research to find dealerships near me that carry what I'm looking for and visit their lots to do further research... just my opinion.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    While I'm not against learning new things , watching videos for ideas, or attending a rally with other owners, factory reps, etc...I never did understand the not wanting to miss an opportunity to attend an RV show, especially while traveling or vacations.
    I guess that depends upon where you're from. Being limited to an indoor venue in January in Boston hasn't been great for our RV show experience. We've attended those shows every two years to either check out new RV's or see if we wanted to add upgrades to our previous RV's. This past September, attending the Hershey show really opened our eyes. There were really many more opportunities and choices. Especially when it came to deciding what RV we wanted to travel in while retired. Had we just shopped around here, we may not have considered the 17MKE. I hear Tampa is even bigger. We never knew.
    Lisa & Richie

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTrippin2 View Post
    I guess that depends upon where you're from. Being limited to an indoor venue in January in Boston hasn't been great for our RV show experience.
    I asked our sales guy how the Boston show went this year. It was advertised as 4 football fields of RVs but apparently was closer to one. It is interesting that everything I look for in northern NE seems sparse when it comes to RV'ing - from dealerships to techs to inspectors to 5th wheel driver training (yeah I need to practice) to lack of empty big parking lots - when compared to the rest of the country. One of the reasons I do like to watch some of the videos for informational purposes as we are just getting back into it after many years away plus retirement and a lot has changed. It would have been nice to go to a show to look (especially at technology improvements and accessories we might want), but we had pretty much settled on brand/floor-plan. Tampa and/or, warmer, open air maybe but from what I hear I probably would have been disappointed in Boston as number of people limitations were in place.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast