User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shew, yes that was not a fun afternoon for sure. Lessons learned.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTrippin2 View Post
    My husband and I are getting prepared for our adventure! This year we'll be hitting the road as weekend warriors and one week at a time adventurers. Next year, watch out! We'll both be retired and ready to hit the road for as long as it takes.

I'm posting today because we've become RV Influencer followers. Every Sunday night, we're watching all the great RV influencers on YouTube. We don't want to miss anyone out there! This week, we've been trying to search you all out at the Tampa RV Show, then seeking your channel/pages. We don't want to miss the opportunity once we hit the road to attend a rally, go to an RV show (we made it to Hershey this year but didn't start following anyone until afterward), and find the best beaches, campgrounds, historical sites and RV tips and tricks. We're new to the GD family and can't wait to see where our journey takes us.

If allowed, I was wondering if you are a YouTuber or RV Influencer on Instagram/Facebook, can you give us your name online so we can search you and your channel/page out.

Although we intend to video/journal our adventures, we may never become an influencer ourselves. But, you never know!
    I like Watts on Wheels https://www.youtube.com/c/WattsOnWheels
    Wonderful Weekenders https://www.youtube.com/c/WonderfulWeekenders
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 DRW 4x4 CC XL 176" WB 6.7L PSD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is gonna fall into that category that our parents always used (at least mine did sometimes) - it is going to hurt me more than you......

Us moderators have discussed this already and have concluded that folks who are posting links to their own web site or YouTube channel are running a bit foul of our commercial rules. That rule being in part.....
    "...Participants may not post affiliate links or direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages unless a Commercial memberr account has been established and then only as proscribed by the site management..."

The problem stems from folks promoting or posting about their own web site(s), channels, social media sites, etc. versus others recommending them. yea - rules can be silly sometimes. But we want to be very careful commercial enterprises or folks who would receive some sort of compensation do not creep into the forums.

Consequently, some post have been removed.

But trying to be fair, I have listed below some of the links some of the folks posted in the spirit of what was intended - trying to provide helpful info. And there didn't seem to be any advertising preceding their video.

https://youtu.be/6s9Og9v88J4

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLc...CQ?app=desktop
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found a vlogger couple new to full timing and are GD 5th wheel owners. You’ll find them at Just One More on you tube. They are a retired couple with rv experience prior to being full timers. Their vlog was intended to keep their family and friends informed of their adventures. As time has gone by the information concerning the FT rv life has become more specific. Their presence is small and they don’t seem to be interested in becoming mega influencers or cashing in. Their latest video was from Quartzsite and their experiences at the RV SHOW. They seem genuine, sincere and enjoy telling people about their adventures.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    RV Influencers are the folks you see with high volume You Tube channels with high subscribers. There are several out there that are full time and post pretty regularly issues and challenges in their adventures. They as much as others out there influence the direction of the industry based on the viewership following.
    Influencers have no influence over me. I do watch a RV video occasionally but they are usually videos of some guy trying to convince me that his gas truck is as good as a diesel truck, someone trying to get you to buy some product through their Amazon store or they want you to give them money... Hard Pass........
    I also don't understand why they think they are celebrities or why viewers treat them as such.

Seems like everybody today is really hard up for attention and wants to be a "Youtube Wonder"
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with John Deere farmer. I watch YouTube for entertainment and don’t care how many viewers or subscribers a channel has. If the information is helpful I thank them and move on. Maybe I’m fortunate having a good retirement and don’t need to work. My goal is find a charity to help while traveling. We really like meeting people that have been full timers for a while and share their adventures!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe if the title of "RV Influencers" weren't so pretentious.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Lisa, Richie,
    Welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of information here and a LOT of people who are willing to help you ramp on regarding RVing, sightseeing, traveling, etc. Know that you can't ask anything silly or seemingly minimal. So join the fun! Don't be afraid to ask about places to see or routing here either - lots of members here have been traveling and exploring for a long time and I'll bet more than a few have been to places you are thinking of.

Regarding "RV Influencers"... this is my opinion based on our almost 40 years of RVing......
    FIRST - read this article by Mark Polk... https://rv101withmarkpolk.com/2021/0...rv-influencer/ It will give you some sound advice from someone well experienced in ALL aspects of RVing about choosing who to listen to. And someone who openly makes it known they make money from providing advice and recommendations.

SECOND - subscribe to Mark's YouTube channel and his newsletter (both are free).
    Mark is a long known and well respected person (IMO) who has the necessary experience to provide advice. He isn't much into posting about his travels tho.

Then, please know that many so-called "RV Influencers" are pretty much in it primarily to make money which they do by sharing their experiences. There is nothing wrong with that. But you have to know they get free products to promote and are well supported by many manufactures. I suppose these days there is nothing wrong with that either. You just have to know their motivation. Just take their advice with the spirit it is intended - trying to produce hits on their social media platforms while passing on their life experiences to support their travel.

Personally I've subscribed and then unsubscribed from many of the channels already mentioned and even more. But all of them have a few good nuggets of info somewhere in all their videos.

I've narrowed my YouTube list down to these along with a few others maybe not worth mentioning....
    • https://www.youtube.com/c/rved101/videos
    • Mark Polk's web site
    • Big Truck Big RV (maybe not so much RVing but lots of good information over the years about towing, tow set-up, tires, etc.)
    • My RV Works (honest guy who actually is a repair person and provides really good advice about such things)
    • David Bott (doesn't post very often but is fun and does have some good videos on RV 'stuff')
    • RVer TV (Russ makes a lot of travel videos; many from the SW states but other states too. He doesn't push products, just seems to be a nice guy showing you around where he has been. He does have a web site too.)
    • The Fast Lane Truck (TFL) (If you're into following what manufacturers are up to regarding new trucks this channel is a must-see. Big Truck Big RV does some of this too).
    Very well put. Couldn't agree with you more.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you to everyone who responded to this thread. I realize the word "influencer" perhaps hit a nerve with many of you and I understand. Quite honestly, there are many of you here who, if honest with yourselves, think of yourself as an influencer on this forum. Let's face it, many of you who found my question offensive or even nonsensical yet responded to a thread is case in point. Maybe I should have used the word " YouTube content creators". Regardless....please consider this: not everyone learns by reading. Finding information here is overwhelming for new people wanting to hit the road for long periods of time and learn what to do, where to go, what-ifs, etc. I haven't been on a "forum" in YEARS. Yet, I came here to find conversation with others who had like interests. For those who took my post in the spirit in which it was intended, THANK YOU. And to the Moderators who have tolerated this conversation, thank you.
    Lisa & Richie
    2023 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2022 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi 4X4 Quad Cab
    https://www.instagram.com/rvlifeofriley/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234