User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    I asked our sales guy how the Boston show went this year. It was advertised as 4 football fields of RVs but apparently was closer to one.
    It is much tougher up here in the Northeast. Even the Rhode Island shows in the past were a disappointment. I'm happy for you that you got the make and model and floorplan. We were almost going to get a no-slide Springdale or a R-Pod from our visits up here.....so glad we got to see in person the quality in the Imagine XLS as well as the floorplan while in Hershey. We came home and put in an order with an RV dealership in the next town.
    Lisa & Richie
    2023 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2022 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi 4X4 Quad Cab
    https://www.instagram.com/rvlifeofriley/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTrippin2 View Post
    My husband and I are getting prepared for our adventure! This year we'll be hitting the road as weekend warriors and one week at a time adventurers. Next year, watch out! We'll both be retired and ready to hit the road for as long as it takes.

I'm posting today because we've become RV Influencer followers. Every Sunday night, we're watching all the great RV influencers on YouTube. We don't want to miss anyone out there! This week, we've been trying to search you all out at the Tampa RV Show, then seeking your channel/pages. We don't want to miss the opportunity once we hit the road to attend a rally, go to an RV show (we made it to Hershey this year but didn't start following anyone until afterward), and find the best beaches, campgrounds, historical sites and RV tips and tricks. We're new to the GD family and can't wait to see where our journey takes us.

If allowed, I was wondering if you are a YouTuber or RV Influencer on Instagram/Facebook, can you give us your name online so we can search you and your channel/page out.

Although we intend to video/journal our adventures, we may never become an influencer ourselves. But, you never know!

Is it your goal to be influencer for profit?
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    Is it your goal to be influencer for profit?
    HA! No. As I said, we will video our travels for ourselves and our family and friends. Our YouTube won't be private, though, and subscribers will not be limited if that's what you're inferring.
    Lisa & Richie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ask because there are people who post helpful videos just because they like helping others and there are people who do it for profit and/or notoriety.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    I ask because there are people who post helpful videos just because they like helping others and there are people who do it for profit and/or notoriety.
    The intent of my post was to find RVrs who have decent channels for us to watch on Sunday nights to derive from. We are not interested in a business or venture when we travel. Most of the YouTubers we have found are at least 10-20 years younger than us and work too hard. We plan to RETIRE. We've worked enough.
    Lisa & Richie

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The intent of my post was to find RVrs who have decent channels for us to watch on Sunday nights to derive from. We are not interested in a business or venture when we travel. Most of the YouTubers we have found are at least 10-20 years younger than us and work too hard. We plan to RETIRE. We've worked enough.
    I wish you two all the luck! I plan on retiring in 3-4 years and plan on enjoying my travels in the trailer like it sounds your are trying to do
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2019 Ram Rebel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Lisa, Richie,
    Welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of information here and a LOT of people who are willing to help you ramp on regarding RVing, sightseeing, traveling, etc. Know that you can't ask anything silly or seemingly minimal. So join the fun! Don't be afraid to ask about places to see or routing here either - lots of members here have been traveling and exploring for a long time and I'll bet more than a few have been to places you are thinking of.

Regarding "RV Influencers"... this is my opinion based on our almost 40 years of RVing......
    FIRST - read this article by Mark Polk... https://rv101withmarkpolk.com/2021/0...rv-influencer/ It will give you some sound advice from someone well experienced in ALL aspects of RVing about choosing who to listen to. And someone who openly makes it known they make money from providing advice and recommendations.

SECOND - subscribe to Mark's YouTube channel and his newsletter (both are free).
    Mark is a long known and well respected person (IMO) who has the necessary experience to provide advice. He isn't much into posting about his travels tho.

Then, please know that many so-called "RV Influencers" are pretty much in it primarily to make money which they do by sharing their experiences. There is nothing wrong with that. But you have to know they get free products to promote and are well supported by many manufactures. I suppose these days there is nothing wrong with that either. You just have to know their motivation. Just take their advice with the spirit it is intended - trying to produce hits on their social media platforms while passing on their life experiences to support their travel.

Personally I've subscribed and then unsubscribed from many of the channels already mentioned and even more. But all of them have a few good nuggets of info somewhere in all their videos.

I've narrowed my YouTube list down to these along with a few others maybe not worth mentioning....
    • https://www.youtube.com/c/rved101/videos
    • Mark Polk's web site
    • Big Truck Big RV (maybe not so much RVing but lots of good information over the years about towing, tow set-up, tires, etc.)
    • My RV Works (honest guy who actually is a repair person and provides really good advice about such things)
    • David Bott (doesn't post very often but is fun and does have some good videos on RV 'stuff')
    • RVer TV (Russ makes a lot of travel videos; many from the SW states but other states too. He doesn't push products, just seems to be a nice guy showing you around where he has been. He does have a web site too.)
    • The Fast Lane Truck (TFL) (If you're into following what manufacturers are up to regarding new trucks this channel is a must-see. Big Truck Big RV does some of this too).
    Thank you so much for this. Very useful.
    Diane and Mike
    2022 280RS. Onan generator, Sumo Springs, MORyde crossmembers, hardwired surge protector
    2015 F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Power Stroke Feed Truck. 4.10s, front & rear stabilizer bars, Andersen 3221-TBX
    2021 Thor Chateau 22E Class C (retired) & 1970 Pop-Up Camper (retired - saw much of Western Europe)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, they do. Other GD owners like Nathan and Marissa (Less Junk, More Journey), Kyle & Renee (Happily Ever Hanks), and Mike and Missy (The Campoholics) are also some of our favorites. Just looking to expand our watch list and give the ones trying to expand their subscribers. Thanks for your comment!!

Thanks for watching !! We are loving the FT life, hopefully we’ve shared some videos that are helping on your journeys!! Stay safe out there and have fun!! 😍
    Mike and Missy "The Campoholics" Full Time since 2021
    Sold it all in 2017 bought our First RV in 2017, Second RV in 2018, and Third RV in 2019!! (Second Grand Design!)
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 395M "Big Mo" 2019 Ford F450

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize in my reply I forgot to say we are new to the Grand Design family having recently purchased a 2022 Imagine 2800BH.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delramp View Post
    Thanks for watching !! We are loving the FT life, hopefully we’ve shared some videos that are helping on your journeys!! Stay safe out there and have fun!! 😍
    We enjoy you both, Mike & Missy! Loved your "Not Again" video last week. It reiterated our plan to check the RV not only before we leave, but whenever we arrive at our destinations. Safe travels!!
    Lisa & Richie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast