User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New member here in Washsington State

My wife and I recently purchased a 2022 Transcend 240ML trailer, which represents a five foot downsize in length from a 2005 Jayco Jayflight 31BHDS (bunkhouse, dual slide). We hope to do much more traveling with our new Transcend trailer. The big Jayco had become virtually our stationary beach shack because it was just too big for the two of us. I am semi-retired and my wife teaches on-line
    We bought that former trailer new in '05, as an upsize from a Rockwood 25 foot ultralight with no slide (very cramped).
    I have been a participant of the rv.net forum for the whole time I have been involved with trailers, but being new to Grand Design, I want to join this forum.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rvtrailerpuller View Post
    My wife and I recently purchased a 2022 Transcend 240ML trailer, which represents a five foot downsize in length from a 2005 Jayco Jayflight 31BHDS (bunkhouse, dual slide). We hope to do much more traveling with our new Transcend trailer. The big Jayco had become virtually our stationary beach shack because it was just too big for the two of us. I am semi-retired and my wife teaches on-line
    We bought that former trailer new in '05, as an upsize from a Rockwood 25 foot ultralight with no slide (very cramped).
    I have been a participant of the rv.net forum for the whole time I have been involved with trailers, but being new to Grand Design, I want to join this forum.
    Congrats and welcome to the group

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, nice to see another one join the GD family from the PNW!
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations and welcome.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, all.
    Quite seriously, when our 2 kids were still under our wings we towed our big bunkhouse trailer from Seattle to Glacier Park a a couple times, or from Seattle to the Pendleton Roundup in Oregon several times. However as our kids moved on we mostly parked our big arse trailer on our beach property on the Pacific Coast to serve as our summer cabin and stored the big log in a garage in Aberdeen, WA.
    Our plan without kids and a smaller trailer is now to continue to use our new Transcend trailer mostly at our beach property in the summer but add in week long trips here or there every once in a while. In the winter, yes, please excuse us, but we want to tow our trailer to the warm country of Southern California or Arizona to visit other snowbirds that we know. Sometimes we will drive different vehicles so one of us can tow a little motorcycle trailer to bring our toys along. Sometimes we may just leave our bikes back in the North for the winter. Anyway, this is our new plan.