User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the dealer was able to raise them, good. On some models, my 268BH for example, the jacks were mounted as high as they would go without interfering with the flooring. There were open bolt holes, but were unusable.
    The only solution in that case is jack replacement or having a machine shop shorten the shafts. Thankfully, GD sent me the jacks.
    The GD contact person has been given here several times with specific recommendation to contact him directly, but many who knew better went to customer service instead and were refused. Good luck..
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont be such a worry wart! Nothing is going to happen! Everything is just fine! All you have to do is stay on perfectly flat surface streets and you will never have an issue. Quit whining about what “could” happen!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	013C03E6-69D2-475A-A391-470A43EE543D.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	38841

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The jack caught the oavement in a parking lot with a slope more severe than I could see at 9pm. $400 for the jack, $200 for the welder and fabrication of new bracket.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. If you go to the Facebook group for Grand Design Reflection 260, you'll find a number of posts from folks who have cut 3" off their rear stabilizers. Most of them did it themselves; a few had it done at body shops. They all claim that this fix works great. You just have to use blocks under your rear jacks when lowering them so that you don't get a Phase error.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont know if I would want to take the chance of cutting the stabilizer, mainly due to stabilizer design. There are at least 3 different hydraulic stabilizers. I have Gen II silver. The top cap is embedded. Gen I top cap is billet block attached with hydraulic connections. Lesson learned, though: don’t turn around in a parking lot on a hillside. And dont arrive after dark. If you are late, call ahead and let them know and pull over. Its not worth the problems.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have thought of cutting the post even with the bottom of the sleeve. I guess that is what they doing. That doesn't seam to difficult to do. Did they say what tool they used for cutting the post?
    The property I have that I want to take my rv to is not super steep, but I think it is steep enough to cause me trouble.
    Retired US Navy
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3
    2021 Reflection 260RD
    Pullrite 2600

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch that is a bummer. Did it do any damage to the frame?
    I really don't want to pull my rv in the dark in areas that I am unfamiliar with. Your experience reaffirms that plan.
    Retired US Navy
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3
    2021 Reflection 260RD
    Pullrite 2600

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a quick and easy thing to do. I wish grand design would have design leveling jacks better. I am not looking to take my new rv over rough roads, just not level roads.
    Retired US Navy
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3
    2021 Reflection 260RD
    Pullrite 2600

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luckily it only bent the footing and the bracket. I could use the jack for about 4 days after. I removed it, spliced the hydraulic lines with bypass fittings so the system never missed it. I used a 4 ton bottle jack instead until I got all repairs made.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the damage in a church parking lot on a hillside at night. I thought I had enough clearance. Was turning around because the RV park entrance was a 90 degree right turn. All of this at 9pm after driving 400 miles. Not a good combination. Never again.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast