User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would take lottery winning luck for a spark to start a fire from my fridge when it was propane. The fridge is on the right hand side of the TT. Trucks gas fill is on the left. TT's usually clear out in the parking lot while the trucks at the pump.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    It would take lottery winning luck for a spark to start a fire from my fridge when it was propane. The fridge is on the right hand side of the TT. Trucks gas fill is on the left. TT's usually clear out in the parking lot while the trucks at the pump.
    I hear you. Even though my fuel fill is on the same side it is like 25 feet away, plus I fill with diesel.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Does anyone have experience with running the furnace while towing? Thinking about my upcoming trip from the sunny south to the fridges north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've never done that. Never had a reason to. I guess if I wanted to run the furnace I'd check to make sure all the vents were clear with the slides in at a minimum.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not saying it was smart, just the truth. We had a couple of motorhomes over the years and we traveled with the furnaces on in cold weather. So did the others in our "convoy". (Convoying with friends is the best way to travel!) Anyway, nobody ever had an issue. In all our travel trailers we have always left the propane on for the fridge and never had an issue. Famous last words of course, as it only takes the one time you have an issue to realize it was a mistake all along...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I've never done that. Never had a reason to. I guess if I wanted to run the furnace I'd check to make sure all the vents were clear with the slides in at a minimum.
    Very good advice you gave!
    For us we would never, ever consider towing with the furnace on. With our floor plan with the slides closed two of the furnace ducts would be completely blocked and right up against slide walls.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We always have our propane on and fridge running while towing . We have been doing it for 40+ years so far !!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legally it is not allowed in many jurisdictions, traditionally, for most of us we do travel with propane running the fridge. My old Bonaire pop-up had a three way 2 cubic foot fridge which was great for travelling. Most trailers today have two way fridges and are towed with the gas flowing.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Legally it is not allowed in many jurisdictions, traditionally, for most of us we do travel with propane running the fridge. My old Bonaire pop-up had a three way 2 cubic foot fridge which was great for travelling. Most trailers today have two way fridges and are towed with the gas flowing.
    I think the jurisdiction thing is a Canada thing. Down here you'd be hard pressed to find more than a couple states that mention anything about propane traveling. It's a tunnel thing at best which is country wide.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the jurisdiction thing is a Canada thing. Down here you'd be hard pressed to find more than a couple states that mention anything about propane traveling. It's a tunnel thing at best which is country wide.
    May be a Canada DOT thing, however as you state tunnels for sure and the other place is Ferry service.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. I thought it was a US thing. Never seen anything official that says to turn off propane up here. RV manufacturers say it. But just to cover their butt I think.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast