Thread: Potty Question

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potty Question

Hi Gang,
    I /we want to upgrade our toilet in our 2019 376th. I am 6'2 2?? lbs. so i need something larger than the "kindergarten potty" we presently have.
    I have done some research it seams to be hit or miss. (no pun intenended). Any experience or ideas ?
    Thanks
    Mark
    To old to work, to young to retire
    2019 Momentum 376th
    2018 F350 Lariat 6.7 diesel
    2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is enough clearance for installation, you should look at the Dometic 320.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    If there is enough clearance for installation, you should look at the Dometic 320.

Since Dometic shifted all the production out of the US for these, and perhaps also an effect of the pandemic - the defect/failure rate for the 310/320 has absolutely skyrocketed along with the price! Just be conscious that you may have to go through a few before you get one in good condition to mount and then it's anyone's guess if the vacuum breaker, flush valve, or bowl-to-base seal will hold. Pity because these are really the preferred toilet because of easy to upgrade seats, easy to keep clean, etc.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Since Dometic shifted all the production out of the US for these, and perhaps also an effect of the pandemic - the defect/failure rate for the 310/320 has absolutely skyrocketed along with the price! Just be conscious that you may have to go through a few before you get one in good condition to mount and then it's anyone's guess if the vacuum breaker, flush valve, or bowl-to-base seal will hold. Pity because these are really the preferred toilet because of easy to upgrade seats, easy to keep clean, etc.
    Perhaps I am better with the devil that I know rather the one that I dont. Any other brand ?
    To old to work, to young to retire
    2019 Momentum 376th
    2018 F350 Lariat 6.7 diesel
    2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know, I'm basing my recommendation from when I bought one in early 2017, never had any issues with it.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 320 is a nice more like a residential toilet. Wife much happier now !

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Good to know, I'm basing my recommendation from when I bought one in early 2017, never had any issues with it.

Yep, swapped ours after getting our coach pre-pandemic and had the 310 in our prior TT. Fast-forward to now, friends went for one on my advice and have had to exchange it 5x, including the last direct from Dometic. A little Googling through it all and I was stunned. Talked to our mobile tech friend and found the same. With now at $300 (I paid little more than half that) it's nuts to have issues like deformed bowls from bad firing.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, swapped ours after getting our coach pre-pandemic and had the 310 in our prior TT. Fast-forward to now, friends went for one on my advice and have had to exchange it 5x, including the last direct from Dometic. A little Googling through it all and I was stunned. Talked to our mobile tech friend and found the same. With now at $300 (I paid little more than half that) it's nuts to have issues like deformed bowls from bad firing.
    The Dometic /Sealand 300 series have been priced over $300 for some time now. To replace the Aquamajic II I went looking in 2019 and local dealers had them priced at $300+ depending on which you chose. I found a NIB 310 on Craigslist that a wholesaler wanted cleared from his storage unit. He told me he had 4, 3 white and one in biscuit. He sold the 3 white toilets quickly for more but no one wanted the biscuit one. Then I came along and got a relative bargain.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodak86 View Post
    Perhaps I am better with the devil that I know rather the one that I dont. Any other brand ?
    Mine was delivered with a Thetford 42072 Aqua Magic. We like it.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    The Dometic /Sealand 300 series have been priced over $300 for some time now. To replace the Aquamajic II I went looking in 2019 and local dealers had them priced at $300+ depending on which you chose. I found a NIB 310 on Craigslist that a wholesaler wanted cleared from his storage unit. He told me he had 4, 3 white and one in biscuit. He sold the 3 white toilets quickly for more but no one wanted the biscuit one. Then I came along and got a relative bargain.
    The price shot up right around 2019 as I recall. I picked mine up whitebox from the RV surplus when they actually still had brand new inventory to sell!