User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrovsky View Post
    Just to be clear. As you enter the coach on the rt hand side at the top is a cubby. In the cubby behind a panel you have the one-control. You removed the tv, cut an opening and placed the one control there? Was it a challenge moving all the wiring coming from the top and did you have enough length in the wiring.

Also note your upgrade to GD tires (on my list assuming we can get stock). Looking at the CRE3000 as well. Did it raise your rig? Also, how many x-factor crossmembers did you install?

Pierre
    I did not remove the TV. I cut an 8x8 hole in the panel on the left of the cubby (as you face it). That hole provides access to a gap that is between cubby and TV. I used a plumbing access cover to hide the hole. (Hint: the plumbing access cover has a template for cutting the hole.)

The wiring passes over the gap to get into the cubby. It was actually quite easy to pull it "back" into the gap. There are holes in the ceiling in both the cubby and the gap. I made sure to take pictures of all wires and label them so I got it reconnected correctly.

CRE3000 did not lift the rig. I've read it does for some. My tire clearance remained the same.

I installed three X-factors but had to modify the rear to clear the gray water drain. I chose to drill new mounting holes in the end plates of that X-factor.

Let me know if you need anything else or want to chat through the One Control move.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, working on getting my dimmers installed. Could you provide pics of what you had for wiring. I was going to use the ground that the radio was using in the snapping wire nuts, wire one end into the top right of the UNITY (interior lights) and other wire to the wire that heads to the lights... just wondered what you used for ground... Thanks...

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TobeRVer View Post
    Hello, working on getting my dimmers installed. Could you provide pics of what you had for wiring. I was going to use the ground that the radio was using in the snapping wire nuts, wire one end into the top right of the UNITY (interior lights) and other wire to the wire that heads to the lights... just wondered what you used for ground... Thanks...
    What you're describing is what I did with the exception of 12V-.

Dimmer power in -> Control
    Dimmer power out -> lights (wire disconnected from Control)
    Dimmer neg -> Control Neg post (bottom left of box)

That said, I get a hum in the Control when I dim cabin lights (does not happen when I dim awning). I am wondering if I should have used a different 12V- location so will experiment sometime when I've got spare time (ha!).
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there. It looks like I have the same setup as you. Unity 2020107939. Which wires did you use to connect the dimmer to?
    My Control box is behind a panel in a small storage closet behind the TV on the same wall as the CompassConnect panel so it should be easy to mount the dimmer.

I have a 2021 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordon24 View Post
    Hi there. It looks like I have the same setup as you. Unity 2020107939. Which wires did you use to connect the dimmer to?
    My Control box is behind a panel in a small storage closet behind the TV on the same wall as the CompassConnect panel so it should be easy to mount the dimmer.

I have a 2021 Imagine 2600RB
    @cgordon24 -

Since this thread is over a year old and it's not clear who you're asking, here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a note that in the 2023 Imagine 2500RL the controller is not behind the TV but rather above the sink in the top corner behind a faux cover at the end of the cabinets. Hope that helps anyone who wants to do this on another model. I did the dimmer as well and shared in another post (pending moderator approval) how my wiring worked. My details were pretty much what @jproctor9 had to say above. Great posting!
    Last edited by rrounds; 02-09-2024 at 11:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 2600 RB: where's the Lippert OneControl Box?

I finally found it! As it turns out, in my 2021 Imagine 2600RB it is behind the back panel in the cabinet to the right of the Control panel. It was easy to remove the back panel with just two screws and Voila!
    I then had easy access to the controller and could easily run wires to the dimmer switch which I mounted just above the Control Panel. I temporarily removed the Control Panel for access.
    I used this Dimmer: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    and had good luck here and in several other locations around the trailer: above Recliners and over the Dinette.
    For the Master bedroom, the main light switch is on the "low" side - that is the ground side - of the circuit and provided additional challenge to avoid flickering.
    I replace the existing switch with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1 and it works well.

I hope that Grand Design will include dimmers in the future. Those bright white LEDs are so bright and not comfortable when just relaxing in the evening.

mod edit.... released from moderation where it was because of the links.... reviewed the links and all is ok. new members who put in links automatically go into our moderation (review) bucket before we release them for display and posting.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 02-14-2024 at 03:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12