User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold 2118 Door Error

My right door (not the left door with the flap) gives a door open error with annoying beeping. Left door with the flap is properly closed. Push on the right door either at the latch side or the hinge side and it will stop, but then start again a few minutes later. Will the washer at the bottom which is used for the flap issue help this issue?
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    My right door (not the left door with the flap) gives a door open error with annoying beeping. Left door with the flap is properly closed. Push on the right door either at the latch side or the hinge side and it will stop, but then start again a few minutes later. Will the washer at the bottom which is used for the flap issue help this issue?
    Probably. You'll need to keep an eye on your door seals. In my case it did not fix the problem.

The issue is the little white rocker switch above the door inside the fridge. The door contacts this switch to indicate it is closed. If it doesn't work for you then you can build out the switch with a little piece of stick on plastic or something similar.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Probably. You'll need to keep an eye on your door seals. In my case it did not fix the problem.

The issue is the little white rocker switch above the door inside the fridge. The door contacts this switch to indicate it is closed. If it doesn't work for you then you can build out the switch with a little piece of stick on plastic or something similar.
    Thanks. Seems better now that things have warmed up inside. I guess a piece of tape over the switch will be a quick fix if it continues, particularly throughout the night.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    Thanks. Seems better now that things have warmed up inside. I guess a piece of tape over the switch will be a quick fix if it continues, particularly throughout the night.
    I cut apiece of the exterior two sided tape by 3m...the clear stuff just about the same size as the rocker switch and stuck it on leaving one side with the clear plastic still covering over the adhesive. It was supposed to be a temporary fix. Six months ago. [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel