User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrose092150 View Post
    We have an issue with our 2021 Solitude ST310GK that our RV dealer can’t seem to correct. My hope is that someone on this forum has had similar issues and can point me in the right direction. Our converter does not keep our batteries charged while we are hooked to shore power. This has been going on for now for roughly 16-18 months and started right before our 1-year warranty expired. After a couple of days of being hooked to shore power (50amp) the refrigerator will show a “low DC” message and the 12v lights in the unit start flickering and getting dim. So we hook up our own battery charger to get around the issue. Unfortunately, when we take it into our dealer’s shop, they say the converter is working perfectly. The first time they replaced the batteries (they were roughly 12 months old) and said that was our issue. The next time we took it in for this issue they hooked up our unit to shore power (using our power cord) over the Christmas holiday, turned on just about everything they could think of that would run off of 12v power, let it sit for 4-5 days, and the batteries apparently still showed a full charge when they came back in from holiday. Once again, they said the converter is working perfectly. Very frustrating. I have never accessed the converter in our Solitude and only have a vague idea where it is located from looking at posts from this forum. I have never removed nor accessed any panels in our underbelly. Is it possible we could somehow be doing something that is causing the converter to not work properly? Could we be blocking the converter cooling unit somehow to make it overheat and shut off? We don't use any more 12v power than anyone else does, as near as I can tell.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We just started on a 5 week trip in our RV and on the 2nd or 3rd day our batteries were out of charge AGAIN. I just keep charging them with my battery charger, but that just can’t be the right long-term solution. Thanks ahead of time for any ideas you might have.
    Is there a chance the 50 amp shore power you plug into is missing a leg? If everything works correctly at the dealership, the only thing different is the input power you are using.
    Last edited by Husker; 01-25-2022 at 03:40 PM.
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    Factory Solar, Factory Disk Brakes, Heat Pump

2017 Reflection 29RS (Sold)

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post

Connected to shore power the trailer should not be relying on 12vdc supply from the battery, right?
    Wrong....technically, correct too.

All 12 volt items still need 12 volt to operate. The converter will supply that, if working correctly. If it isn't working, the battery will supply the 12 volt until it goes dead.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Wrong....technically, correct too.

All 12 volt items still need 12 volt to operate. The converter will supply that, if working correctly. If it isn't working, the battery will supply the 12 volt until it goes dead.

What did he say that is wrong? With shore power connected he absolutely won't be relying on 12 VDC supply FROM THE BATTERY.

He didn't say he didnt need 12VDC. All systems will work without the battery if shore power is plugged in and the converter is working properly.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours did not work. I tracked the problem to a bad ground wire from the inverter. By bad, I mean it was not reconnected to the battery ground after installing a 2nd battery. So.. the inverter was not grounded at all and couldn't do anything as it shjoiuld. Take a look - probably isn't the problem but it is worth a look-see. jmo mark

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker View Post
    What did he say that is wrong? With shore power connected he absolutely won't be relying on 12 VDC supply FROM THE BATTERY.

He didn't say he didnt need 12VDC. All systems will work without the battery if shore power is plugged in and the converter is working properly.
    Yes, that's what I said. All 12vdc circuits in my trailer function correctly while in my driveway connected to shore power and battery removed. The converter then becomes a large 12vdc power supply, and does NOT rely on the battery unless shore power drops out. Naturally if this were to occur, or if the converter went south, the battery would become the primary power supply.

I though this might be a path for the OP troubleshoot: battery or converter.
    Last edited by dryfly; 01-26-2022 at 09:48 AM.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker View Post

No, he is right. I didn't read through the entire post correctly.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [hi- wondering if you ever figured this out. Our 2921 310GK does the same thing. Thanks

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lintons View Post
    [hi- wondering if you ever figured this out. Our 2921 310GK does the same thing. Thanks
    @Lintons -

The OP hasn't been back on the forum since January, 2022, so may not see your question. You can attracts folks' attention with some of the following tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jrose092150 hi- wondering if you ever figured this out. Our 2921 310GK does the same thing. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12